131 Avenue des Champs Elysees,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previously operated by: Gaumont France
Firms: Lardillier & Nicolas
Functions: Movies (First Run)
Previous Names: Radi-Citi Etoile, Cine Etoiles, Studio Publicis
The Radio-Citi Etoile was opened around 1939. It was later re-named Cine Etoiles. It opened as the Studio Publicis on 9th October 1957. It was originally a 330-seat single screen cinema, and was considered one of the most elegant cinemas on the Avenue des Champs Elysees. It was severely damaged by a fire in 1973, and was closed for two years.
In 1975, it re-opened as the Publicis Elysees after complete renovation in an unusual material for a cinema; metal, which gives an ‘industrial’ look to the building. The opening film was Roger Moore in “The Man With the Golden Gun”. It was managed by Gaumont from 1984 and underwent renovations in 1990.
Now a twin screen cinema, with seating for 477 & 285, it screens first run films in their original language versions.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.