145 N. Franklin Street,
7 people favorited this theater
Previously operated by: Calderone Theatres
Architects: William Lescaze
Styles: Streamline Moderne
Named after its owner, the Calderone Theater was the last to be constructed by this family chain on Long Island, opening on June 21, 1949.
Over the years it operated dually as a movie house and concert venue. Throughout the 1970’s and into the early-1980’s, the Calderone Theater played to packed houses, booking the likes of The Dead, Aerosmith, etc. As the neighborhood fell under bad times, so did the Calderone Theater.
The theater went through a series of uses and operators over the last 20 years, ultimately getting split up into a 7 screen multiplex on May 15, 1992. It has most recently been taken over by a local church that was in the process of restoring the auditorium for their congregation. The church had moved out of the building by spring of 2023. By October 2023 there were plans proposed to demolish the theatre to build senior apartments.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.