102 W. Chestnut Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Firms: Hamme & Leber
Previous Names: Hanover Opera House, New Park Theatre
The 1,200-seat Hanover Opera House was opened on September 12, 1887. Movies were being screened by 1907. In 1909 it was modernized by architect Edward Leber of architectural firm Hamme & Leber of York, PA. Operating as a movie theatre by 1926 when it was listed with 1,000 seats. This continued until at least 1929. On November 12, 1930 it was renamed Park Theatre and the seating capacity had been reduced to 736. It was operated by Warner Bros. Circuit Management Co. It was remodeled to the plans of architect David Supowitz in September 1939, reopening as the New Park Theatre.
In 1950 it was taken over by William Goldman Theaters Inc. and the seating capacity was given as 1,250 and this continued until its closure on September 8, 1964 with Telly Savalas in “The New Interns”. It was demolished in August 1967.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.