823 Haddon Avenue,
9 people favorited this theater
Previously operated by: Warner Bros. Circuit Management Corp.
Architects: David Supowitz
Styles: Mission Revival
The Collingswood Theatre opened on October 11, 1920 with Geraldine Farrer in “The Riddle Woman”, and was originally operated by Handle and Rovner. By 1941 it was operated by Warner Bros. Circuit Management Corp. It was an active movie venue until about 1962.
By the early-1970’s it was being used as a photography studio. In the 1990’s the Philadelphia Orchestra occasionally used it as a recording studio. By 2013 the auditorium was being used as a workshop, with original decorative features retain, plus original painted panels on the sidewalls depicting Spanish scenes. In September 2015 the lobby was being converted into a furniture store, retaining much of the original decoration and mirrors. By 2019 the lobby was in use as a haberdashery store named The Quilted Nest. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.