Royal Theatre
124 W. Eighth Street,
Coffeyville,
KS
67337
No one has favorited this theater yet
Additional Info
Previous Names: F.S. Toland Theatorium, Royal Moving Picture Show
Nearby Theaters
Constructed sometime after 1905, this two story brick building may have been intended as a theater. F.S. Toland opened his eponymous Theatorium here on December 24, 1906. On November 11, 1908, it became the Royal Moving Picture Show (which soon shortened its name) under new owner W.T. Stockton.
Despite appearing in the 1914-15 AMPD, the theater had August 18, 1910. There was some limited use as a hall before it became the Mission barber/pool/cigar store in 1912.
This section of the block was destroyed many years ago, and a dreary little office building occupies the site today.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.

Recent comments (view all 1 comments)
The F.S. Toland Theatorium opened in the newly-built Turby Building on December 24, 1906 competing against Thackett’s Auditorium Theatre. W.T. Stockton took on the venue The “Royal” Moving Picture Show opening as November 11, 1908 in the existing Truby Building with Robert W. Paul’s “Magic Garden,” Frank Wilson as “The Pneumatic Policeman,” and likely “The Thieving Hand.” It shortened its name to the Royal Theatre and its last films were on August 18, 1910. It was used for a variety of purposes for the next year, including a short-term art gallery, a poultry show, and a lecture series. The theatre remained in use for non-theatrical purposes into 1911. It was converted to a Billiards Hall / Barber Shop / Cigar Store with the awesome name of The Mission in 1912