AMC Rockaway 16

363 Mount Hope Avenue,
Rockaway, NJ 07866

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,537 comments

hdtv267
hdtv267 on July 6, 2015 at 8:56 am

exactly- that’s why I’m so surprised that the interior of this magical venue hasn’t been recorded. There has to be something so spectacular to garner this much interest in comments, shame it’s not being shared

robboehm
robboehm on July 4, 2015 at 12:01 pm

When you see a picture of the whole building you think of the temples at Luxor or Karnak

hdtv267
hdtv267 on July 4, 2015 at 8:02 am

still no photos of this venue, eh- none of the existing are from one who seems to be the most interested in this particular venue.

Shame that all of these changes that are going on with this complex haven’t been documented.

moviebuff82 on June 21, 2015 at 2:56 pm

As a result lines move quicker as I saw when I went to see Jurassic World in 3d real d. They need to align the lenses better since some scenes had bad 3d. Also there was masking so that the ratio was closer to 1.85 so that trailers and policy ads and preshow were shown that way. The sound mixing was good although I had a hard time listening to the dialogue with kids in the theater.

moviebuff82 on June 10, 2015 at 2:16 pm

AMC removed the cashiers at the box office and replaced it with automatic ticket machines…sign of the times…

moviebuff82 on June 4, 2015 at 9:14 pm

Paul the ticket taker in the wheelchair passed away this morning at his home unexpectedly….thoughts and prayers to his family…

hdtv267
hdtv267 on May 29, 2015 at 7:44 am

yes, that is so important since this is the only complex it is occurring at and certainly worthy of a post to this once great board.

The ‘splitting of showings’ is happening through the IMAX universe.

I again wonder if these sorts of inquiries wouldn’t be better relegated to this theatre’s Facebook?

moviebuff82 on May 28, 2015 at 3:22 pm

Thanks for the info Giles.

Giles
Giles on May 27, 2015 at 3:26 pm

^ that’s because ‘Tomorrowland’ is under performing ‘San Andreas’ is a 11th hour decision from IMAX and Warners.

moviebuff82 on May 27, 2015 at 3:08 pm

looks like tomorrowland will share time with San Andreas in imax this weekend for a few weeks until Jurassic World comes out.

moviebuff82 on May 5, 2015 at 9:05 pm

just noticed at this theater after i saw avengers in fake 3d that they installed coke freestyle machines near the snack bar. About time.

hdtv267
hdtv267 on April 28, 2015 at 7:47 pm

What does the above link have to do with this complex?

moviebuff82 on April 14, 2015 at 3:31 pm

saw furious 7 in regular and thought the movie was well done. Very loud and fast paced action. The cinematography was very sharp. This movie will have legs.

hdtv267
hdtv267 on March 29, 2015 at 11:40 am

yeah and? where did you get this information from? I looked at the venue’s Facebook page and there was no notification of it. Nor did I find anything else online for it.

Tickets were available on the AMC site and on Fandango for the following day of your “report”

Please remember your posting in a public board, if you’re going to post “stories” about things going on, again I’m going to ask to show your work. Provide links and photos of proof of where you get your information from. If not, then take it to Facebook or Twitter where it belongs.

hdtv267
hdtv267 on March 26, 2015 at 4:49 pm

so that closing because of snow on the roof? whatever happened there?

moviebuff82 on March 26, 2015 at 3:17 pm

http://gizmodo.com/imaxs-new-laser-projectors-make-me-wish-i-lived-in-a-mo-1689480610 I’m sure this theater will get this soon and maybe upgrade their 4k projectors to 8k soon

hdtv267
hdtv267 on March 8, 2015 at 5:27 am

Fascinating.

I looked at the Facebook page for this multiplex and there was no mention of closure whatsoever.

Movie times listed on Fandango and AMC’s website for today.

hdtv267
hdtv267 on March 7, 2015 at 7:05 pm

I didn’t see anything on line about this. I checked the papers and such. Where exactly did you get this piece of information?

moviebuff82 on January 8, 2015 at 11:49 am

The museum movie was great. Projection was bright and very sharp yet the film had a grainy feel to it since it was shot on digital. Minor masking on top of the screen. audio was great.

moviebuff82 on December 26, 2014 at 10:05 pm

Saw hobbit in 3d thought the 3d was blurry the movie dragged on for too long. Very full house. Some good trailers especially Star Wars in converted 3d with the imax footage at the end of the millenium falcon chasing the tie fighters. Also a trailer for The Walk which is based on the Man on a Wire story. No Mad Max trailer. I plan on seeing Night at the Museum 3 soon.

moviebuff82 on December 26, 2014 at 1:27 pm

Speaking of Hobbit I’ll see it in Imax 3D on my bday. Good thing tickets were preordered before hand. I’m sure it will be a bit blurry in 3d but the movie is shorter and I’ll get to see the new star wars trailer in IMAX.

moviebuff82 on December 20, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Went to see mockingjay and enjoyed it. Looks like the interview poster is gone and no HFR hobbit playing.

moviebuff82 on December 17, 2014 at 5:23 pm

I plan on seeing hobbit in Imax 3d and also mockingjay soon. I’m sure amc will pull the interview posters from the theater. I was so looking forward to seeing this but it looks like ill rent it on bluray.