AMC Rockaway 16

363 Mount Hope Avenue,
Rockaway, NJ 07866

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,538 comments

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on August 16, 2015 at 2:24 pm

they are similiar to the gold and silver passes that AMC used before they print out their new pass system. Gold and silver passes can be used, however. This is due to the contract between AMC and Disney. I still have two movie passes that I can use.

theatrefan
theatrefan on August 15, 2015 at 6:18 pm

moviebuff82, what are the red and green tickets that cannot be used for Disney movies?

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on August 15, 2015 at 2:44 pm

I’m not sure….I know some theaters have better projectors as when I saw Hunger Games Catching Fire and they didn’t have a 3d polarizer in front of the projector. The picture was sharp and full resolution and the surround sound was loud along with the trailers. This was when AMC started to expand the running time of previews to 30 minutes and used their dots campaign. I saw “Mission Impossible: Rouge Nation” in IMAX one week ago on Saturday and for the first time the preshow filled the entire IMAX screen despite running a few minutes late. I saw near the guard rails on the left side of the row above the non stadium seating. The sound was great yet the picture quality was blurry in some action scenes yet some scenes had a film grain look to it. A few days later I saw Minions in one of the smaller theaters in 3D. During the preshow they showed two 3D commercials then a couple of two d trailers before amc again told me and one of my friends to put them on again although we kept wearing them. The 2d image was a bit dark yet clear despite portions of the screen (especially the bottom) cut off due to masking. As for the 3D it was good. The sound was a bit quiet yet clear. AMC needs better soundproofing in their auditoriums…also recently they won’t accept Red and Green tickets for Disney movies but they will accept AMC silver and gold passes. The tuesday I went there, it was packed because it was Stubs Appreciation Day. Morning prices on tickets all day. Also AMC has a strict card policy on younger people for R rated movies.

thebrat
thebrat on August 8, 2015 at 5:39 pm

First visit today for “Shaun the Sheep Movie” at theater 10. The film was a riot but the 8.5-year-old complex could have been maintained better.

The picture appeared to be dull, half-resolution, and problematic with chromatic aberration. The sound wasn’t pleasing for the trailers but the movie was too quiet, Fantastic Four in #9 next door added some unneeded bass and rumble.

After the other patrons left I looked at the port window to find a CHRISTIE unit (unusual for AMC) with a 3D polarizer in front of it. AMC (and other major chains) are generally incompetent with technical maintenance and they are notorious for playing 2D movies through 3D filters. http://tinyurl.com/4xpn5n6 The article is over 4 years old and it still rings true.

A question, is the Christie in #10 4K compatible?

Rutgersgirl
Rutgersgirl on August 5, 2015 at 6:12 pm

Any word on seat replacements? Some of the seats are off their hinges and not comfortable at all

robboehm
robboehm on July 4, 2015 at 12:01 pm

When you see a picture of the whole building you think of the temples at Luxor or Karnak

hdtv267
hdtv267 on July 4, 2015 at 8:02 am

still no photos of this venue, eh- none of the existing are from one who seems to be the most interested in this particular venue.

Shame that all of these changes that are going on with this complex haven’t been documented.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on June 21, 2015 at 2:56 pm

As a result lines move quicker as I saw when I went to see Jurassic World in 3d real d. They need to align the lenses better since some scenes had bad 3d. Also there was masking so that the ratio was closer to 1.85 so that trailers and policy ads and preshow were shown that way. The sound mixing was good although I had a hard time listening to the dialogue with kids in the theater.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on June 10, 2015 at 2:16 pm

AMC removed the cashiers at the box office and replaced it with automatic ticket machines…sign of the times…

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on June 4, 2015 at 9:14 pm

Paul the ticket taker in the wheelchair passed away this morning at his home unexpectedly….thoughts and prayers to his family…

hdtv267
hdtv267 on May 29, 2015 at 7:44 am

yes, that is so important since this is the only complex it is occurring at and certainly worthy of a post to this once great board.

The ‘splitting of showings’ is happening through the IMAX universe.

I again wonder if these sorts of inquiries wouldn’t be better relegated to this theatre’s Facebook?

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on May 28, 2015 at 3:22 pm

Thanks for the info Giles.

Giles
Giles on May 27, 2015 at 3:26 pm

^ that’s because ‘Tomorrowland’ is under performing ‘San Andreas’ is a 11th hour decision from IMAX and Warners.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on May 27, 2015 at 3:08 pm

looks like tomorrowland will share time with San Andreas in imax this weekend for a few weeks until Jurassic World comes out.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on May 5, 2015 at 9:05 pm

just noticed at this theater after i saw avengers in fake 3d that they installed coke freestyle machines near the snack bar. About time.

hdtv267
hdtv267 on April 28, 2015 at 7:47 pm

What does the above link have to do with this complex?

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on April 14, 2015 at 3:31 pm

saw furious 7 in regular and thought the movie was well done. Very loud and fast paced action. The cinematography was very sharp. This movie will have legs.

hdtv267
hdtv267 on March 29, 2015 at 11:40 am

yeah and? where did you get this information from? I looked at the venue’s Facebook page and there was no notification of it. Nor did I find anything else online for it.

Tickets were available on the AMC site and on Fandango for the following day of your “report”

Please remember your posting in a public board, if you’re going to post “stories” about things going on, again I’m going to ask to show your work. Provide links and photos of proof of where you get your information from. If not, then take it to Facebook or Twitter where it belongs.

hdtv267
hdtv267 on March 26, 2015 at 4:49 pm

so that closing because of snow on the roof? whatever happened there?

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on March 26, 2015 at 3:17 pm

http://gizmodo.com/imaxs-new-laser-projectors-make-me-wish-i-lived-in-a-mo-1689480610 I’m sure this theater will get this soon and maybe upgrade their 4k projectors to 8k soon

hdtv267
hdtv267 on March 8, 2015 at 5:27 am

Fascinating.

I looked at the Facebook page for this multiplex and there was no mention of closure whatsoever.

Movie times listed on Fandango and AMC’s website for today.

hdtv267
hdtv267 on March 7, 2015 at 7:05 pm

I didn’t see anything on line about this. I checked the papers and such. Where exactly did you get this piece of information?

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on January 8, 2015 at 11:49 am

The museum movie was great. Projection was bright and very sharp yet the film had a grainy feel to it since it was shot on digital. Minor masking on top of the screen. audio was great.