Miracle Twin Drive-In

6383 East Court Street North,
Burton, MI 48509

Unfavorite 1 person favorited this theater

Showing 24 comments

steelbeard1
steelbeard1 on April 25, 2012 at 1:49 pm

The ticket booths are now gone and the debris from demolition have been removed. The speaker poles, screen towers, asphalt field and signs remain.

steelbeard1
steelbeard1 on March 25, 2012 at 3:21 am

The drive-in is being torn down. See the new photo.

steelbeard1
steelbeard1 on August 19, 2011 at 4:03 pm

@lexmarks567: The two remaining NA indoor multiplexes they were still operating in Michigan were sold to Rave Motion Pictures. A former NA cinema they were leasing in Courtland Center in Burton was reopened by Owosso-based NCG Cinemas. The former Showcase Cinemas East is also listed for sale and the former Cinema 10 which they leased in Flint Township is boarded up.

steelbeard1
steelbeard1 on August 19, 2011 at 3:53 pm

The above real estate listing shows that the listed price for this former drive-in has been reduced to $1.6 million.

TLSLOEWS
TLSLOEWS on April 20, 2010 at 8:04 pm

NIce shot of the marquees ken mc.

lexmarks567
lexmarks567 on February 13, 2010 at 9:02 am

Rumor has it that National Amusement has leased their two theaters in Michigan (and 30 in the US) to a Texas based Theater company. They are looking at the possibility of reopening the Miracle Twin Drive In, which can be fully operational with some minor work since all the equipment is still in place.

steelbeard1
steelbeard1 on November 27, 2009 at 2:47 am

Both sides of the drive-in’s roadside sign are now completely boarded up with the boards whitewashed. The large expressway sign still looks the same as does the rest of the drive-in.

lexmarks567
lexmarks567 on May 7, 2009 at 8:32 am

maybe the owner of the ford Wyoming drive in will buy it. after all he tried to buy the Mt.Clemens drive in but the sons wanted too much money.

steelbeard1
steelbeard1 on April 23, 2009 at 2:53 am

The property has been put up for sale. The online listing is at…
The price is $2 million.

chemicalscream
chemicalscream on March 16, 2009 at 11:41 am

Thanks NA for closing another drive-in in michigan. :(
I am VERY sad to see this go, as is my dad.

mark edmunds
mark edmunds on March 6, 2009 at 7:11 pm

Has the property been put up for sale?

DRIVEIN101
DRIVEIN101 on March 6, 2009 at 1:25 pm

That wouldn’t surprise me; those damned “killer clauses”!

I’m making plans on coming up to visit the U.S. 23 Twin Drive-In for its last season; I’ll have to stop by the Miracle Twin to take pictures for my scrapbooks (with written e-mail permission from National Amusements, of course). At least I can get photos of the marquee if NA won’t allow me onto the lots.

It’s so unfortunate that I never had the pleasure of visiting the Miracle Twin when it was open. As I said in one of my previous posts above, it’s one of the more artistic drive-ins I’ve even seen in photos. Great marquee, and I really like the RED SCREEN / BLUE SCREEN concept.

Michigandriveins.com
Michigandriveins.com on March 6, 2009 at 1:41 am

IMO, the Miracle Twin will never reopen. There’s no “saving” it. If NA sells the property, I’m sure there will be a clause preventing it from ever reopening as a theater. It will sit and rot, just like so many of their other drive-ins did. It’s closure has nothing to do with the economy or NA’s current troubles, it’s coincidental.

markp
markp on March 5, 2009 at 7:28 pm

Good for you Denny Pine, I wish I could do the same. Unfortunately, the union has me working in 2 of those multi’s, but you know, the mortgage has to be paid. But I agree, give me the good old days, like last night when I ran a 35MM print of “Citizen Kane” in a restored 1500 seat theatre. 20 min reels and changeovers, now thats movies.

DRIVEIN101
DRIVEIN101 on March 5, 2009 at 7:18 pm

Right with you, movie534. I’ve never, EVER set foot in any of those multiplexes that have popped up around my area and don’t ever intend to (the exception, of course, being three older ones that I’ve been going to since the 70’s).

If only we could go back in time like that McFly kid…

markp
markp on March 5, 2009 at 2:02 pm

No pun intended, but lets hope a “miracle” happens before cash strapped Sumner sells the land to some developer who’s going to put up more useless condos or another unnecesary shopping plaza. Todays kids look at you like youre from outer space when you say ‘drive-in movies’ or even ‘single screen theatres’. All they know are these damn 18 and 24 plexes.

DRIVEIN101
DRIVEIN101 on March 5, 2009 at 1:49 pm

Regardless of all the problems brought on by today’s society, the Miracle Twin is too beautiful and artistic to fall victim to the wrecking ball. It’s got to be saved for the sake of nostalgia of more innocent times, which is needed more than ever.

steelbeard1
steelbeard1 on March 4, 2009 at 11:15 pm

Actually, National Amusements has been having its problems lately if you’re been following news developments concerning boss man Sumner Redstone (also the boss at CBS and Viacom) feuding with his daughter Shari Redstone who runs NA. In Michigan, NA has just two theaters left: the Showcase Cinemas West in Flint and the Showcase Cinemas Ann Arbor in Ypsilanti.

DRIVEIN101
DRIVEIN101 on March 4, 2009 at 7:40 pm

I can imagine the all-too-typical lame political reasons N.A. has for closing. Hopefully there is somebody out there who will save the Miracle Twin from becoming another “vanished casualty”.

steelbeard1
steelbeard1 on March 3, 2009 at 10:35 pm

The answer is no based on this E-mail reply from National Amusements:

Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry. National Amusements closed the Miracle Twin Drive-in for the season in September of 2008 and will not be reopening the theatre. National Amusements offered the theatre employees positions in the company’s local indoor theatres. We wish to thank our loyal patrons who have shared great movies and memories with us over the years, and hope to see them at our other area theatres.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance.

Regards,
Wanda Whitson

unclesteed
unclesteed on February 26, 2009 at 1:00 pm

Is The Miracle opening this season?

steelbeard1
steelbeard1 on May 30, 2007 at 1:09 am

http://www.nationalamusements.com now lists the Miracle Twin DI showtimes.

steelbeard1