AMC Rockaway 16

363 Mount Hope Avenue,
Rockaway, NJ 07866

Showing 26 - 50 of 1,538 comments

moviebuff82 on December 27, 2014 at 4:05 am

Saw hobbit in 3d thought the 3d was blurry the movie dragged on for too long. Very full house. Some good trailers especially Star Wars in converted 3d with the imax footage at the end of the millenium falcon chasing the tie fighters. Also a trailer for The Walk which is based on the Man on a Wire story. No Mad Max trailer. I plan on seeing Night at the Museum 3 soon.

moviebuff82 on December 26, 2014 at 7:27 pm

Speaking of Hobbit I’ll see it in Imax 3D on my bday. Good thing tickets were preordered before hand. I’m sure it will be a bit blurry in 3d but the movie is shorter and I’ll get to see the new star wars trailer in IMAX.

moviebuff82 on December 20, 2014 at 8:55 pm

Went to see mockingjay and enjoyed it. Looks like the interview poster is gone and no HFR hobbit playing.

moviebuff82 on December 17, 2014 at 11:23 pm

I plan on seeing hobbit in Imax 3d and also mockingjay soon. I’m sure amc will pull the interview posters from the theater. I was so looking forward to seeing this but it looks like ill rent it on bluray.

moviebuff82 on December 17, 2014 at 8:55 pm

The Interview won’t be playing here anytime soon….

moviebuff82 on December 16, 2014 at 9:47 pm

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/technology/article4512995.html wonder if it’s coming here…

moviebuff82 on December 11, 2014 at 4:23 am

Just came back from seeing Big Hero 6 in 2D at the real D auditorium. Very good movie. Stay until after the credits for a bonus scene. Seems that this theater is empty on non peak hours even if the entire mall is busy due to the holidays. Work is still being done for Five Guys near the parking lot of the theater. No word on when it will open but there will be more dinner choices after the movies in addition to Qdoba, Maggie Moo’s, and of couse my favorite Panera bread.

moviebuff82 on December 2, 2014 at 1:44 am

advance tickets now on sale for several December movies, including a 9 hour Hobbit marathon in Imax 3D.

alpinedownhiller
alpinedownhiller on November 26, 2014 at 7:54 am

It’s gotta be fake. As stated they don’t have ATMOS here. I’ve been here a ton and never seen a rat or cockroach.

moviebuff82 on November 24, 2014 at 12:11 am

it’s fake. Someone probably spammed the facebook page. There is no ATMOS in this theater.

moviebuff82 on November 23, 2014 at 9:07 pm

BTW came back from seeing “Interstellar” in IMAX. While the movie looked good with its amazing SFX, the story was confusing and the sound mix was terrible. Too loud at all to understand what the characters are saying.

moviebuff82 on November 20, 2014 at 12:49 am

I tend not to take pictures inside each as it would take too much time and it has to be before the movie starts. Is there a way to upload pics via ct by phone?

hdtv267
hdtv267 on November 19, 2014 at 9:08 pm

I for one am baffled by the lack of interior photos for this complex. There’s a lot of exterior ones, but none of the interior?

moviebuff82 on November 14, 2014 at 9:51 pm

hobbit part three tickets now on sale in Imax 3D, reald 3D (no HFR 3D), and 2D.

moviebuff82 on October 28, 2014 at 8:53 pm

Advance tickets on sale for hunger games mockingjay part 1 as well as a marathon the day before it opens. I can’t wait to see interstellar in Imax.

moviebuff82 on October 26, 2014 at 7:47 pm

http://www.pe.com/articles/noon-752055-tickets-movies.html this is why….I hate paying a tax for a movie ticket.

moviebuff82 on October 16, 2014 at 11:22 pm

Ticket prices as of the last time I went to the movies went up around 30 cents. I saw the boxtrolls in 2d. It was ok. They played it in the same theater that showed it in 3d for the next two showings after two 2d showings. The picture was a bit dim and blurry action but the sound mix was great. They need to repave the parking lot. Also five guys is opening near petsmart forcing moviegoers to take a detour around the construction when heading towards panera.

moviebuff82 on October 4, 2014 at 8:46 pm

just came back from seeing Gone Girl. While I enjoyed the movie (the cinematography was amazing and the soundtrack pretty good) there were people sitting in the lower seats taking selfies with the flash on to themselves and the projector flickering a bit (must be a bulb and also a real d theatre since i saw the glasses bin). Also the screens showing the prices of the concessions was offline. I hope AMC renovates this theater in a few years which means more price increases and the possiblity of reserved seating…which will make this theater more like a NYC theater. This is why i watch most movies on TV and on the go and not get distracted.

moviebuff82 on October 1, 2014 at 9:56 pm

Interstellar will be shown on Friday November 7 in 4k digital and 2k imax

moviebuff82 on August 10, 2014 at 8:30 pm

Just came back from seeing “Guardians of the Galaxy” in IMAX 3D….it was worth going to…the 3D conversion was pretty good and I like the aspect ratio changes and scenes in which things pop out of the scope aspect ratio as well as full screen transitions. During the preshow, the last few minutes were cut off by the preshow. Nearly all of the trailers were 2d, one of which was windowboxed (Night at the Museum 3), and others that didn’t fill up the IMAX screen that were in scope, and one 3D trailer that looks really good, the next Hobbit movie. I was a bit dissapointed that the third trailer for Interstellar wasn’t shot in IMAX as that film was near completion at the time of this comment. As for the movie, it was quite enjoyable and the audience loved it. Stay after the credits for a funny scene. The audio mix is a bit loud but very good.

moviebuff82 on July 13, 2014 at 10:18 pm

Might have been a delivery error by the studio to amc. Today, I went to see “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes” in 2d, and came in just in time for the trailer reel. I already saw the second Hunger Games Mockingjay trailer so i didn’t know if they showed it before the amc policy trailer or after the movie was over. Presentation was pretty good and the crowd seemed to enjoy it. I also got a free Imax Transformers poster even though i’ll wait for the bluray to come out for rental. Pretty soon this theater will have comfier seats. Some of the seats are a bit stiff for me to sit through.

hdtv267
hdtv267 on June 22, 2014 at 3:09 pm

I am very well aware of how AMC is presenting it’s coming attractions now.

It brought you to this site that a Cinemark XD logo was shown on an AMC screen.

I was merely offering a solution as to how that could have occurred.

moviebuff82 on June 22, 2014 at 1:37 am

Yes hdtv267. When the trailer reel starts at AMC, after the announcer says, “Coming Soon to AMC”…the words zoom out and the green band is on for the first trailer. All other trailers don’t have bands and conclude with not only the movie title date and amc logo but the film’s rating on the lower left corner of the screen.

moviebuff82 on June 1, 2014 at 3:34 pm

I heard people have complained that the imax digital projector sometimes breaks down….

moviebuff82 on May 26, 2014 at 4:51 pm

yes. I’ve been not getting any emails regarding comments on gmail.