Studio 35 Cinema

3055 Indianola Avenue,
Columbus, OH 43202

TLSLOEWS
TLSLOEWS on May 5, 2010 at 5:27 pm

Well alright,good luck to them.

Keith
Keith on May 5, 2010 at 5:20 pm

studio 35 now has a liquor license. they want to serve wine.

Keith
Keith on February 20, 2010 at 7:56 am

the Indianola sign is under the studio 35 sign. saw it when they were putting up the new 35 sign.

Keith
Keith on February 14, 2010 at 6:30 am

“The auditorium of the Cleve theater included "Hollywood” themed murals on the side walls. These murals were removed to the Indianola Theatre (aka Studio 35) and installed in reverse (left mural on right wall, etc.) where they remain today.“ — Cinematour

Mark_L
Mark_L on October 16, 2009 at 9:27 am

For a time in the very late ‘50’s, this theatre was known as the FOX Theatre and played “adult” features. I found this looking up some information in the Columbus Dispatch microfilm records.

RichM
RichM on June 6, 2008 at 6:30 am

They were running some first runs when I had DR. office there within last 10 yrs.

Ron Newman
Ron Newman on June 3, 2008 at 4:51 pm

Thanks. Do we need to revise the description that I wrote here six years ago?

monika
monika on June 3, 2008 at 4:50 pm

They’d do some first run, national release date openings, but often would open a movie a week or two after the release date as well.

Ron Newman
Ron Newman on June 3, 2008 at 4:39 pm

Is Studio 35 now a first-run theatre? I see Indiana Jones on that marquee.

monika
monika on June 7, 2007 at 6:53 am

Here’s a photo of Studio 35 taken in December 2005:

Ron Newman
Ron Newman on November 22, 2004 at 5:55 am

In the late 1960s and early 70s it was called “Marzetti’s Studio 35”.

JohnFulton
JohnFulton on August 20, 2004 at 10:13 am

The Theater is under new ownership and substantial improvements have been made: the most important of which are wonderful new LEATHER seats. They are wonderful. The projection equipment has been upgraded along with the sound system. There’s still a Horror Marathon and Rocky Horror twice a month on Saturday at Midnight. The normal fare is a mixture of first and second run mass market stuff with the recent addition of a reduced price “late show” of some great classics. Scarface and Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure are just two of the ones planned for the next few weeks. And no one has said anything about being able to drink beer and eat pizza and subs while watching the movie. It’s a great experience and I try to patronize them as often as possible. (Oh, and the bathrooms have been enlarged, too.)

Randall
Randall on April 20, 2004 at 7:30 pm

I rememember when the STUDIO 35 was still the INDIANOLA, but my favorite memories are from the mid 70’s when the STUDIO 35 and THE WORLD were the best places to see classic and cult films. Thanks to the STUDIO 35 I saw all the Marx Brothers films on the big screen. My best friend, Chris and I would camp out all Sunday at the STUDIO 35 watching films and then head to German Village to Schmidts Sausage Haus for dinner. (Challenging the clueless accordion player to play TICO TICO!) Ahhhhhhh!

collinsd
collinsd on June 19, 2002 at 7:54 am

Just as a little bit of an update. This theater was originally opened in 1938 as the Indianola and was designed by F & Y Construction Co.

fonslf
fonslf on May 23, 2002 at 11:04 am

I saw the roadshow print of the “Ten Commandments” at Studio 35, and it was fantastic! Definitely the way to see it, NOT on video! They also do festivals and marathons. I can’t praise them enough! (Er, the bathrooms could be a little bigger…)