Wiltern Theater

3790 Wilshire Boulevard,
Los Angeles, CA 90010

haineshisway
haineshisway on September 23, 2008 at 5:16 pm

I’ve got other really incredible photos, which I’m going to start linking to – I’ve already put up three of the Lido Theater on Pico and La Cienega, and later tonight I’m doing the Vogue, since I’m quite bored of looking at the photos there, which are all of the run-down decrepit current sad thing it’s become.

William
William on September 23, 2008 at 5:05 pm

I do too. The marquee looks great.

kencmcintyre
kencmcintyre on September 23, 2008 at 5:00 pm

I liked the photo, though.

haineshisway
haineshisway on September 23, 2008 at 4:56 pm

Well, I’d remove the post but there doesn’t seem to be a way to do it. I’ll just use links from now on.

Joe Vogel
Joe Vogel on September 23, 2008 at 4:38 pm

haines: While it’s easy enough for those who know markup code to embed an image in a Cinema Treasures page, it violates the site’s comment policy (fourth bullet point in section one.) As I don’t run the site, I don’t know the reason for the policy- though I surmise it may have something to do with the potential for copyright violations which could lead to legal problems for the site and, to a lesser extent, the problem of overly wide images stretching the pages horizontally, which would lead to a lot of work for the webmasters, removing those comments to restore the damaged pages.

kencmcintyre
kencmcintyre on September 23, 2008 at 3:30 pm

Poor Nick Adams, part of the doomed “Rebel Wihout a Cause” cast, with James Dean, Natalie Wood and Sal Mineo. The only one that didn’t die an unnatural death was Jim Backus.

haineshisway
haineshisway on September 23, 2008 at 2:28 pm

What??? Of course links are welcome – I was joking. I just didn’t know that you could post an actual photo in the comment box. Are you a cop?

Warren G. Harris
Warren G. Harris on September 23, 2008 at 1:57 pm

The webmaster needs to comment ASAP on the matter of “stinking links.” Are they no longer welcome at Cinema Treasures?

haineshisway
haineshisway on September 23, 2008 at 1:01 pm

Links – we don’t need no stinking links :) Apparently, you can post photos right in the comment box – and I’m jiggy with that.

haineshisway
haineshisway on September 23, 2008 at 12:59 pm

Let’s see if this works – here’s an incredible photo I bought at a memorabilia show a couple of weeks ago – Nick Adams standing in front of the Wiltern Theater, where his name is above the title on the marquee.

haineshisway
haineshisway on July 8, 2008 at 11:11 am

Finally, a photo from the good old days, when it was actually a movie theater.

kateymac01
kateymac01 on June 10, 2008 at 3:00 pm

It looked beautiful last night on “The Bachelorette.”

kencmcintyre
kencmcintyre on April 16, 2008 at 5:34 pm

Here is a 2002 photo from the LA Times site:

monika
monika on April 9, 2008 at 9:13 am

Here is a 2001 shot I took of the Wiltern:

The fact that this theater is now a live venue is in no way upsetting to me, unlike what a previous poster felt. The fact that it still stands, and is in use for the arts, is something I think needs to be embraced by theater/theatre enthusiasts.

kencmcintyre
kencmcintyre on March 16, 2008 at 9:41 pm

Here is a box office photo, circa mid 70s:

kencmcintyre
kencmcintyre on February 25, 2008 at 7:25 am

Here is an April 1964 ad from the LA Times:

rrussell007
rrussell007 on February 2, 2008 at 7:54 pm

Wow, the 1932 photo is awesome…Thanks!

Warren G. Harris
Warren G. Harris on January 16, 2008 at 10:46 am

A 1932 view as the Warner Bros. Western, with the gala premiere of a Samuel Goldwyn production released by United Artists: www.i8.photobucket.com/albums/a18/Warrengwhiz/western32.jpg

kencmcintyre
kencmcintyre on October 25, 2007 at 7:18 am

Here is a March 1948 ad from the LA Times. Note the Ronald Reagan film that was finishing its run:

Ken Roe
Ken Roe on October 21, 2007 at 2:50 pm

Thanks Bob,
Here is a working link to what you gave above:

BobAlder
BobAlder on October 21, 2007 at 2:14 pm

I recently found some more photos of the interior of the Wiltern from about 1965. They are posted here……
<http://palacehilo.org/Wiltern-Theater.html>
You can see full size versions of the three newest photos by clicking on them.

Bob Alder

William
William on October 5, 2007 at 11:53 am

Nice shots Bob, the Wiltern was one of my favorites. I have an opening night program for the theatre. When it opened in Oct. 1931 as the Warner’s Western Theatre.