Lynn Theatre

512 St. Paul Street,
Gonzales, TX 78629

Lost Memory
Lost Memory on August 24, 2008 at 10:42 pm

Click on the Related Websites above. “The Lynn Theatre is temporarily closed for business.”

Lost Memory
Lost Memory on September 17, 2007 at 7:26 am

This is a 2007 photo of the Lynn Theater.

Lost Memory
Lost Memory on August 23, 2007 at 8:52 am

Here is a recent photo that shows the Lynn Theater.

Lost Memory
Lost Memory on October 29, 2006 at 1:00 pm

This is a 5/30/2005 article about the Lynn theater. The article gives the opening year as 1948 and seating at 1200.

Lost Memory
Lost Memory on September 27, 2006 at 1:25 pm

Chuck….The answers are yes, yes and yes. LOL I was trying to find an older photo to show the changes. Other then a new paint job I don’t see much difference. I guess that the interior received most of the work.

Lost Memory
Lost Memory on September 27, 2006 at 12:06 pm

This is another photo of the Lynn Theater.

Lost Memory
Lost Memory on July 10, 2006 at 12:55 pm

Here is a recent photo of the Lynn Theater.

cwfrick
cwfrick on September 26, 2005 at 10:05 pm

i went by the lynn theater the other day and it is now open and running. it is now a 2 screen and looks to be in terrific condition. the oustside is in terrific shape, and the inside looks absolutely amazing. i could only look in the windows, they were not open yet, but it was nice. the theater looks as though it has been updated and modernized, but it looks absolutely awesome. i wanted to watch a movie there but unfortunately did not have the time. it is located on confederate square, in a beautiful old downtown. i spent an hour looking at the theater and the square. i felt as though i were looking into the past. they have a website www.lynntheatre.com i think. if you are ever in the area i suggest visiting this theater i know that i will.

Silicon Sam
Silicon Sam on May 13, 2005 at 10:25 am

I was traveling through Gonzales around the last week of April and I spotted the Lynn and decided to take some photos. I looked in the window, and a couple of guys inside motioned me to come inside. I took a good look around, snapped some photos and chatted with one of the guys there about theaters. He mentioned they had to do an extensive amount of asbestos removal, and there were plans for 2 screens inside.

gonzalesgirl
gonzalesgirl on January 29, 2005 at 11:25 am

I am a life-long resident of Gonzales. I have so many memories from the Lynn. I believe it closed in 1984. A Mr. Jansky has proposed renovation of the theater. Our newspaper reported last week that he is waiting on one more loan to come thru. He expects renovation to be complete in June or July. We are a small town with no activities for our youth so I think what Mr. Jansky is doing is wonderful and I couldn’t be more excited. I don’t care what movie is showing opening night, I’ll be there.