AMC Neshaminy 24 Theatres

660 Neshaminy Mall,
Bensalem, PA 19020

ScottWeinberg
ScottWeinberg on August 27, 2007 at 4:14 am

I live pretty much right in between the Orleans and the Neshaminy, and there’s absolutely no comparison. One is among the very best in modern multiplexes and the other is a sad old shell of its former self. I grew up LOVING the Orleans — but I haven’t been back there in at least two years. That part of NE Philly could really use a good theater. I’d love to see AMC use do a big-time upgrade on that spot.

TheaterBuff1
TheaterBuff1 on August 26, 2007 at 11:55 pm

So you’re saying, Eddie, that the 1999 Philadelphia Magazine was too kind and should’ve rated them much lower. I fully agree with you with regard to the AMC Orleans 8, while at the same time I’ve never been to the Neshaminy 24 so I can’t judge on that. Meantime, what things would you suggest these theaters should do to merit at least a 3 rating, which you feel Philadelphia Magazine went too far in giving them?

Eddiej1984
Eddiej1984 on August 26, 2007 at 11:32 pm

So basically philadelphia magazinbe rated neshaming and orleans a 3 in 1999? All that says to me, is that the writers didnt know crap in 1999.

HowardBHaas
HowardBHaas on August 25, 2007 at 2:39 pm

June 1999 Philadelphia Magazine rated the AMC Neshaminy 24 a “3” on a 1 to 5 scale with comment “One of county’s busiest, and the wear and tear shows.” Highest possible rating was achieved in the Seating category, and very high rating for Screen & Sound. The “Service” rating was lower than any other in the Philadelphia area.

Eddiej1984
Eddiej1984 on August 24, 2007 at 12:50 pm

Those pictures are definatl-y before I worked there (I started in 2003)
Interesting thing about the piccure of the neshaminy mall sign, Hardshell Cafe would be replaced by mannie brown’s, deck the walls is currently closed, strawbridges is now macy’s, then again if I listed all the changes (Closings, reloactions, openings, renamings) to neshaminy mall since 2003, it would be pretty long.
But as for the lobby picture, well by the time I got there, the crack on the floor would be changed to black (and still is), and the extra’s condiment stand is off to the side..

HowardBHaas
HowardBHaas on August 20, 2007 at 4:08 pm

That above site also has a photo of the lobby with concessions stand.

HowardBHaas
HowardBHaas on August 20, 2007 at 4:07 pm

more exterior photos & description here:

KJB2012
KJB2012 on August 20, 2007 at 1:16 pm

You are correct, I should have included the Ziefeld. And also the Silver Theatre AFI in Silver Springs Maryland.
Alas I’ve never been in either the Uptown DC or the Senator in Balitmore both both good great.

HowardBHaas
HowardBHaas on August 19, 2007 at 2:23 pm

You are trying to provoke Philadelphians by stating NYC is the best? Why not suggest the Ziegfeld, which you have included among your Favorites on this website? Instead, you’ve got a theater with tiny screens, Lincoln Plaza Cinemas, which I went to once and will never return to.

The Avalon and Uptown in D.C. and the Baltimore Senator also are among the best East Coast treasures.

If we are going to talk multiplexes, this one- Neshaminy, is one of the most profitable in the nation. I added today the AMC Plymouth Meeting Mall 12, which is also an exceptional Philadelphia area
movie theater. In Philadelphia, the Bridge is a great movie theater and featured in the book Cinema Treasures.

KJB2012
KJB2012 on August 19, 2007 at 11:52 am

Boy, the folks in PA have a lot of passion for their cinemas. Since it’s been a long while since I’ve been in cinema in PA, I nevertheless wanted to say that I think the best cinemas on the east coast (okay I haven’t been in everyone) are Empire 25, Lincoln Plaza Cinemas and Loew’s Lincoln Square 12 all in New York.

HowardBHaas
HowardBHaas on August 19, 2007 at 6:03 am

Feb 28, 1998 Philadelphia Inquirer stated that AMC Neshaminy Mall in Bensalem would open in 6 months with 4900 love seats. The theater cost $11 million to construct. Auditoriums would range from 100 seats with a 30 feet wide screen to 590 seats with a 61 feet wide screen. The theater will compete with nearby Franklin Mills and Oxford Valley Mall movie theaters.

TheaterBuff1
TheaterBuff1 on July 2, 2007 at 9:47 pm

Hey, don’t sweat it, HDTV267, for by rights my fellow investors and I should be thanking you right now. Back in 2005, when I eyed the potential of the historic old Holme Theatre building — at that time all boarded up and looking like it was mistakenly being about to see the wrecking ball next — an article appeared in National Geographic Traveler saying Philly was destined to be the next great city, and we thought it was meant as the real deal. Embarrassingly, many people did, not just us. And some even lost their shirts by forcing through this or that new business as if it were true. All I lost was a few countless hours chatting with various everyday Philadelphians on the Internet — such as yourself — which, all told, really wasn’t a waste, because now two years later we know Philadelphia was never on any actual course to become the next great city. To achieve that goal, Philadelphia would have to become a major world seaport once more, and as you can see by what’s happening now on the bigger scale that was never part of the plan. And it’s the last thing anyone in Philadelphia or throughout the rest of Pennsylvania is thinking right now. And regarding the Holme Theatre building, at this point I’m just happy it wasn’t torn down and hope that the way it’s being used now will be enough to weather it through what comes next.

As for yourself, again as I say, don’t sweat it. You did your part well, and the Lord works in mysterious ways as they say…

TheaterBuff1
TheaterBuff1 on July 1, 2007 at 10:26 pm

Well, HDTV267, if that’s how you truly feel, it’s a shame you didn’t get behind the Holme Theatre restoration proposal back when you had a chance to — instead of slamming it the way you did. Because in the business plan I had for it I had all those problems you’re complaining about worked out and resolved. And, I had all the investors lined up to make it happen. But all we needed — ALL WE NEEDED — was enough people such as yourself saying they wanted it. For we were not about to push through something that nobody wanted. In any event, too late now. Enjoy your pizza and made in China trinkets the next time you’re over at what the Holme Theatre’s been converted into now, while perhaps pausing a minute to think what might’ve been. C'est la vie…

TheaterBuff1
TheaterBuff1 on March 21, 2007 at 7:38 pm

That’s great news! At the same time, er, with my having gotten so used to how things have been around here in the Philadelphia area in more recent times, this is going to take me a few days for it to fully register. But as a preliminary to that let me just say CONGRATULATIONS!!! Hats off to the AMC Neshaminy 24!!!

Michael R. Rambo Jr.
Michael R. Rambo Jr. on March 20, 2007 at 1:04 pm

The digital projector will be installed tomorrow, 3/21/2007, and will be in operation on 3/22/2007. The first movie to be showned at AMC Nesahminy 24 is digital is Paramount Pictures' “Zodiac”

Eddiej1984
Eddiej1984 on March 20, 2007 at 6:55 am

Well, in a week or so, AMC Neshaminy 24 will have a digital projector, in theatre #13. We shall have it in time for Meet The Robinsons in 3-D Digital.

TheaterBuff1
TheaterBuff1 on January 2, 2007 at 6:38 pm

Thanks for taking the moment to explain that to me, as I was going to say. Over the past several decades the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area has had a very proud record of firmly holding the line against any positive technological progress coming through — I guess fearful of a repeat of when the advent of talkies turned the status quo upside down when they displaced silents — so the very thought of a theater this close to Philly having DLP Cinema came across like David Duke suddenly announcing to the world that he’s been a secret fan of soul and hiphop music his whole life. As in, April fools! Still, it was nice to think there for a moment that an art form as ancient as opera was playing an ironic role in unlocking the future. If you read the Philadelphia Inquirer article I posted a link for above you’ll see how the writer pondered how well opera will come across when presented in high definition, which, of course, made it sound like the AMC Neshaminy 24 now has DLP Cinema. And I did really have to do a double take when I read that part, given how this is the Philadelphia area he was writing about here.

PeterApruzzese
PeterApruzzese on January 2, 2007 at 5:14 am

No, he means that they used a low rez video projector (normally used for pre-show advertisements) for the telecast instead of a high-rez Cinema DLP unit.

TheaterBuff1
TheaterBuff1 on January 1, 2007 at 11:03 pm

So you’re saying the audience was shown still images put to music?

Michael R. Rambo Jr.
Michael R. Rambo Jr. on December 31, 2006 at 12:59 pm

AMC Neshaminy used the Digital slide projector for the live showing of “The Magic Flute”. This was shown in House #12, which seats 207.

TheaterBuff1
TheaterBuff1 on December 27, 2006 at 7:38 pm

This great article appeared in the Philadelphia Inquirer for Dec. 27, 2006 about Metropolitan Opera being simulcast on the big screen, with the Neshaminy 24 being one of the theaters in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area that will be participating:

In order for this breakthrough eventto be possible I would assume the Neshaminy 24 now has digital projection in the one auditorium where this will be occurring? If so, that’s exciting news just in itself as it will make the Neshaminy 24 now the closest theater to Philadelphia that has digital projection, displacing the United Artists King of Prussia Stadium 16, which had been the only one that did up till now.

Michael R. Rambo Jr.
Michael R. Rambo Jr. on December 21, 2006 at 12:27 pm

The Dark Red/burgundy is the top color of the big 4 houses (1, 2, 23, 24)

HowardBHaas
HowardBHaas on November 22, 2006 at 5:23 am

from Philadelphia Weekly today:

Rest of the Best
If you’re into cinema as consumerism, the AMC Loews Cherry Hill 24 and the AMC Neshaminy 24 (the top two-grossing screens in the Delaware Valley), the Regal Warrington Crossing Stadium 22 and AMC Franklin Mills 14 all offer a sufficient if not soulless multiplex experience conveniently located near huge shopping centers with miles of free parking and fast food.

Michael R. Rambo Jr.
Michael R. Rambo Jr. on October 29, 2006 at 6:05 pm

With regards to the twinning of the old Premiere Twin Theatre, it was not AMC, but Ramon Posel, owner of the Premiere at the time, as well as the Leo Mall Theatre, the Bucks Mall Colonial Theatre, and the Ritz 5 Theatre, who had the Premiere twinned between 1973 and 1975.

Not sure of the new 3 color alignment that will be used for House 1, 2, 23 and 24 with the current re-painting of the auditoriums. The Dark red/Burgundy color is the new upper color for the other 20 theatres.