25th Street Theatre

1006 N. 25th Street,
Waco, TX 76707

AustinTx
AustinTx on June 30, 2005 at 9:46 am

I used to be really good friends with your Mr. Thurman Jackson:) I can’t tell you how many stories I have heard about the club and a lot of you all~ I am not sure what his number is anymore…but I know that he lives in Austin & works at The Cedar Door, I think. He would love to know about this site!! Good luck with your efforts!

vsaldana
vsaldana on June 21, 2005 at 6:44 pm

Hi Jake,
Remember Julie and Valerie? We were regulars almost every weekend. We really do miss 25th! It was fun and met a lot of different people. Julie is living in Euless and talks to Keith often. I’m living south of Houston working for a contractor at NASA along with my husband Alex. We have one son, Gabriel who’s almost 5. Julie said you ran into Keith and work at LaFiesta. Cool, have to go see you sometimes!! Good thing your doing to make 25th a historical landmark!! How can I “be on the team”?

DonLewis
DonLewis on April 26, 2005 at 1:40 pm

2004 picture of 25th STREET THEATER sign @ www.vanishingmovietheaters.net

joey606
joey606 on March 30, 2005 at 6:03 am

sry to hijack this post again. but i tries the laser comapny who made it and after them peeing me about for ages they said they didnt have one. So im back on the case, has ne one out there got a manual or does ne one even know how to program it please get in touch. Thanks

Patsy
Patsy on March 21, 2005 at 10:23 pm

I can’t believe there are 15 Waco Theatres listed and not one of them is still open!

joey606
joey606 on January 31, 2005 at 12:56 pm

Ive got AIM now, my user name is joey90876. What times and days are u usually on?

ThePilot
ThePilot on January 26, 2005 at 12:06 am

Ahh..the green laser system producing (what I called) the “sexy lady” and the “flying ufo martian” on the screen…sigh I wish I was back! =)

Erik

joey606
joey606 on January 25, 2005 at 11:28 am

ok that would be great if you could find out for me, its just its such a complicated board!!! Its not one of those things where if you pee about with it for a while youll figure it out.

1matt
1matt on January 24, 2005 at 10:28 pm

I dont have the instruction manual. I have the blue prints for the laser system and galvos, controller boards ect. I will try to contact one of my friends to see if he remembers how to program the console. I do not have msn. I do have aim from instant messanges through aol I can use.

joey606
joey606 on January 24, 2005 at 8:50 pm

Waw i was in luck, thanks for replying. Its not so much problems its just we cant figure out how to program the damn bourd!! If youve got the instuction manual could you try send it too me some how or if you know how to program just that will do :D. Have you got msn?

1matt
1matt on January 24, 2005 at 4:49 pm

Well Joey your in luck. I am a laser tech. If it wasn’t for Richard for getting a kick ass laser in the club I probly would not be where I am today. Richard, and Big Richard inspired us in many ways. As a matter of fact I was the one that produced the list of the equipment in the club that I received from Rob-Bob who got the article out of DJ Times. I do have a copy of the blueprints for that laser. I obtained them from a long lost friend. Let me know what exactly the problem is. Canâ€\t get the laser to fire? Board will not power up? Also if you can not get this to work would you be interested in selling the unit?

Thanks,

Matt

joey606
joey606 on January 24, 2005 at 3:15 pm

This s a bit off topic guys and sorry for that, but i own a maestro s8000b, the same as the one fitted in the theater, is there anyone who i could talk to about getting mine working cos i just cant figure it out!! Or if there is ne one who has a manual or anyting if they could scan it and sent it to me on,

Sry bout it being so off topic its just im stuck.

Best of luck with the theatre i hope it all goes well and it isnt demolished.

Thanks Joe

micahpatzke
micahpatzke on January 20, 2005 at 11:09 am

i love the 25th St Theatre and the funny thing is I’ve never even been inside. i used to drive by and fantasize about having the money to buy it and turn it into this or that. I wish ya’ll the best in your campaign to resurrect the place. I’m a journalism student at MCC and would like to raise awareness on the historical significance and current plight of the 25th through a story in our monthly magazine. I see some great quotes on this site if I could get permission to use them from the individuals. My email is Any contributions will be greatly appreciated.
Micah Patzke

ThePilot
ThePilot on January 13, 2005 at 9:01 am

I have yet to find “Frequency” much less “I’m so hot”, but have managed to find “Cadillac w/ the boom”, “I seen your boyfriend”, “Milkyway”, “Do it to me”, “Revolution”, and some of the New Order, 2Unlimited, and 808 State tunes. There was one more song I meant to ask about which was “Saturdays Angel”. They played it once in awhile, but heard it quite often at Club 151 (or 101) near the lake.
Anyway, any info would be greatly appreciated again!

Erik

NickShoop
NickShoop on November 22, 2004 at 9:42 am

Frequency was by Altern-8. Speaking of Eon-Spice was good, but the better song they did was “Fear is the Mind-Killer”.

Nick Shoop

1matt
1matt on November 19, 2004 at 4:33 pm

Or check out Eon. Same artist that had the song “The Spice” must flow.

Also 808 State is another good group Richard Played

1matt
1matt on November 19, 2004 at 4:32 pm

Frequency / Where is your evidence By New Energy. Invasion Recordings.

I could be wrong. But I have an album that has Frequency on it. Came out in 1990.

ThePilot
ThePilot on November 19, 2004 at 2:27 pm

Hello People!
This is a far shot, but I’ll try anyway. I was introduced to the “25th” (as my friends called it) when I was a freshman at TSTC. Being from a small town on the border, I didn’t have much experience in the club scene. Nonetheless, I went there one weekend and was blown away by the experience: great sound system, awesome light show, many people just having a blast and I was hooked! I would say I was there just about every Thur-Sat night. Though I was on a tight budget, I managed to round up some change (even beg for some) and make cover! HAHA Since then, I have yet to experience such an outstanding club environment anywhere. To this day, standing in the middle of the dance floor and “feeling” the music and watching the laser show from the projection booth makes me want to be there all over again!
Now on to my request. Like I said, this is a long shot, but would anyone have any info (or posess for that matter) music they used to play? In particular, one that said “Frequency” that was kinda tribal and another that said “I’m so hot” which was kinda trance/ambient. I have looked for those songs everywhere since then and have not come across any leads. I have been able to find some other songs they used to play which gives me goosebumps everytime I hear them.
Any info would be greatly appreciated at: or or, simply on here.
BTW, I was one of the guys who was always there with 2 other guys dressed with ties and longsleeve shirts. HAHA What a time!

Erik

1matt
1matt on November 9, 2004 at 5:13 pm

Hey Richard,

It is great to hear from you! How is everything? Are you still living in Dallas? I tried to call you about a year ago, but the old ph # I had was disconnected. Do you still talk to Andy, or Jimmy Bartlett?

Jamie and I are doing well. Still living up here in St. Louis. I am working during the week as a Laser Sugery Tech/ Laser Service Tech. I am actually doing what I said I wanted to do when I was in High School. During the weekend I run a mobile DJ company. We DJ mostly weddings. I DJed in the club sceen for about 10 yrs on and off, and realized I could make more money as a wedding DJ. I have 5 employees that work for me. In addition to that we are going to have a baby girl in January. Life really does go by fast!

All I have to say is you must not give up on your dreams. Work towards them, and make it happen. Eventually I would like to find a movie theater up here, and turn it into a club like you and Mousie did. I have found a few since I went out and looked, but they are not demographigally located in a spot that would work. The ones that would work have been picked up by develpoers.

Well Richard shoot me an email if you could. Here is my email address
mailto:

KennaD
KennaD on November 9, 2004 at 9:18 am

Richard-

I hope you read my past entries, I made specific mention of you, I do think of you often and how different I would have turned out had 25th not been such an huge part of my formative years. Outer Limits was a life changing experience for me, I was quite young, we begged and begged my best friend’s older brother to take us, he did. It’s a shame I was too young to really appriciate the great time I had. Thanks a million and I hope you are doing well and life has treated you kindly, keep in touch.

rickeiff
rickeiff on November 8, 2004 at 5:35 pm

Kenna:

Glad that you enjoyed 25th St. Both Richard O and myself loved “our kids.” It’s been quite a while since the club was open and I often wonder where everyone is and what youall are doing. We enjoyed about 10 years in Waco—first at the Outer Limits and then at 25th St. I hope all our customers think of us sometimes and remember the fun times.

Richard K., (Big Richard).

KennaD
KennaD on October 13, 2004 at 10:48 am

Good Morning!

Nice to see there is some fresh interest in the club. I have a feeling you’ll get a warm reception here, depending on the questions you ask and people you know, just kidding. Jake, I tried to call you a couple of times, no I didn’t leave a voicemail, I’m sure you’re busy but write when you are able, I’d love to hear from you. I’ll search for the number and try again. I guess the effects of 25 are far reaching beyond my wildest estimates, stretching across time and generations, boggles the mind!! Hugs to all!
Kenna

KennaD
KennaD on October 13, 2004 at 10:46 am

Good Morning!

Kenna

reaganschildren
reaganschildren on October 13, 2004 at 9:47 am

Hey guys. I am so stoked about this site. I am 24 years old and didnt have a chance to party with any of you guys, but I have always had this idea in my head about what it was like to dance to New Order, Suicide, PIL, Throbbing Gristle, Wire and so on. My imagination has sparked many ideas about what the late 70’s and early 80’s club scene was like and felt like i missed out big time. I have always been into dance music every since i can remember. Anyhoo, I was inspired the other night when I was at Trix’s (i know right?) and WARM LEATHERETTE played! I saw all these older guys get up and started to dance. I have had neighbors, relatives, and random people tell me all my life how incredible this club used to be. So, I am wanting to put together a documentary about the theatre in general. Maybe a little doc. for the city to see and another one more focused on the club scene. The 25th St. Theatre was inspired me so many different times and i’d like to settle all my confusion and hear some awesome stories about what the club was like. I have enlisted a couple of friends from University of Chicago and Fire Escape Films to help out with the doc. I just got the idea for the project like 2 weeks ago and things seem to be falling into place. This can happen with all your help. I am working on an outline and like to start filming by November 2004. My email is

mebryan
mebryan on October 7, 2004 at 6:47 pm

Does anybody read this anymore? Lets get the ball rolling on saving this theater. And not the Demo-Ball.

Matt

Tell Thurman I said hey. Is Michale S. still around?