AMC Neshaminy 24 Theatres

660 Neshaminy Mall,
Bensalem, PA 19020

HowardB
HowardB on October 29, 2006 at 3:04 pm

With regards to the old Premier Twin at Neshaminy – I only saw films there after it had been twinned and it was nothing special. It sounds like it was a much better theatre pre-twinning.

HowardB
HowardB on October 29, 2006 at 3:00 pm

The two largest rooms at the Neshaminy 24 (#1 & #24)are IMO the best
theatres in the Phila area, especially for event or big action films.
The screens are very large and have horizontal masking with (most of the time) very good projection and sound. A question for Steve Marcus:
How big are the screens in auditoriums 1 & 24 and do they have the capacity for 70mm projection ?

moonlitesecrecy
moonlitesecrecy on October 29, 2006 at 1:05 pm

I live in Bensalem and I would have to agree with some of the points about Neshaminy, but my favorite would have to be Woodhaven AMC.

THe main problem I have had recently with Neshaminy is the inconsiderate moviegoers who use the handicap elevator. I had to stand and wait twice lastnight because of these capable people. If my friends hadn’t been there, I was apt to show them something…It’s incredibly handy to have the elevator at all. Some places don’t and that’s very difficult for me. This isn’t a complaint about the staff or anything like that. They’re pretty great.

Oh I forgot one thing. Franklin Mills ZMC is hell lol. Forget the deals they used to have, they stink!!

Thanks

Michael R. Rambo Jr.
Michael R. Rambo Jr. on August 29, 2006 at 6:20 pm

NortheastPhilly: The AMC Premiere Twin closed in 1992/93, a good 5 to 6 years before the AMC Neshaminy 24 Theatre, which is where I still work at, even opened. modell’s Sporting Goods has occupied the Posel’s-AMC Premiere Twin Theatre building since 1993.

TheaterBuff1
TheaterBuff1 on August 28, 2006 at 6:46 pm

I saw “Dr. Zhivago” at the Premiere soon after it opened sometime in the ‘60s, and you’re right, NortheastPhilly, it was a really great theater! The one feature of it I remember the most was its quadrophonic sound system with speakers at the back at the theater as well as up front. There’s that great scene in “Dr. Zhivago” where he’s in that isolated house in winter up on the Siberian plain and there’s howling wolves off in the distance all around him. And there in the Premiere Theatre during that one scene you could hear those distant wolf howls coming at you from all directions, and it was just so cool!

ScottWeinberg
ScottWeinberg on August 28, 2006 at 8:16 am

I loved the old Premiere (2-screener) so much as a kid; I refused to let my parents take us anywhere else. Superman ‘78, The Empire Strikes Back, The Goonies, Aliens… Ah, memories.

Of course I was saddened when I heard that the 2-plex was being bulked into a mega-plex — but the Neshaminy 24 has turned out to be one of the best in the country. I’ve got no beef with Woodhaven or Franklin Mills, but the Neshaminy is easily the cream of the Northeast area.

TheaterBuff1
TheaterBuff1 on July 15, 2006 at 7:37 pm

This might sound a bit strange to some of you — especially those looking at things from a strictly business viewpoint — but in my campaign to restore the Holme Theatre (which is not all that far from the AMC Neshaminy 24, and just a stonesthrow away from the AMC Orleans 8) I’m delighted to hear the AMC Neshaminy 24 draws such huge attendance! As that’s exactly what I DON’T want to happen in the Holme Theatre’s case. Because the Holme Theatre building, unlike the AMC Neshaminy 24 (and also the AMC Orleans 8) is located in a predominantly residential and also highly historic area, it would be an absolute disaster to have too many people coming to it.

Those who are strictly businessminded would surely laugh at my saying this — particularly those who run the United Artists Grant Plaza Cinema 9 which also is not that far from the Holme Theatre, and which doesn’t appear to have much of a customer base at all.

But my thing is not to make money so much, but to really restore and run an historic old theater in the best possible way. And NOT in a way that competes with the AMC Neshaminy 24 and so on, but that will stand as something that is pretty much totally different. I mean, I’m not seeking to take customers away from the AMC Neshaminy 24 and so on any more than the Le Bec Fin restaurant in Center City Philadelphia (ranked as one of the top restaurants in the country) is after the McDonald’s fast food chain’s market. So if anybody’s worried about that they can all pretty much rest easy now. For there are the people who prefer the McDonald’s over the Le Bec Fin, so to speak, And they SHOULD have theaters geared specifically for them. And they DO in the AMC Neshaminy 24, AMC Orleans 9 and so on. And quite frankly I wish there were more. Specifically so that the Holme Theatre can operate without pressures to be that way, too. So at long last I hope that makes sense to y'all.

Michael R. Rambo Jr.
Michael R. Rambo Jr. on April 19, 2006 at 10:04 pm

16 screen of “Revenge Of The Sith” on 5/18/2005 “Midnight Show for 5/19/2005”.

thx1164
thx1164 on February 3, 2006 at 6:07 pm

If 20th Century had given me just one more print of “Sith”, I could have interlocked the remaining 8 houses giving Neshaminy the Nationwide record for attendence. We came in 5th though. Not bad I might add.

Michael R. Rambo Jr.
Michael R. Rambo Jr. on October 3, 2005 at 6:12 pm

The AMC Neshaminy 24 has won the Bucks County Courer Times “Best Of Bucks” award for movie theatres for the 7th Time. The theatre has won this award every year since 1999.

Michael R. Rambo Jr.
Michael R. Rambo Jr. on September 28, 2005 at 7:27 pm

The biggest crowd the AMC Neshaminy 24 had for a “midnight showing” was back in May 18, 2005, when 16 of the 24 auditoriums (#1-2, 7-18, 23-24) were sold out for “Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith”. The next one, with 14 sold out auditoriums (#1-2, 7-9, 11-13, 15-18, 23-24) on December 16, 2003 for “The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King”

Michael R. Rambo Jr.
Michael R. Rambo Jr. on August 27, 2005 at 6:23 pm

A theatre that used to have really good popcorn was the UA Sameric 4 Theatre, when it was owned by Merton Shapiro’s Sameric Theatres Corporation. Also the former Parkwood Twin Theatre had really good popcorn, as well as the long-gone UA Feasterville 4 Theatre, when it too was owned by Sameric.

thx1164
thx1164 on August 27, 2005 at 4:20 am

Hello Ron

If you want me to eat dirt, I would have to go to a regal cinema. The same would be if you want bad sound, scratched prints, and rude employees. If that’s your gig, Regal is your best bet.

To the question of who voted Neshaminy the best popcorn? I did. I taste the popcorn at every theater I go to and in my opinion, AMC Neshaminy has the best. I’ve tasted the popcorn at Cinemark, Regal(Ughh), Ritz(the worst)Marcus Theaters, Carmike(OK), Lowes(OK) Arclight in Hollywood(OK), Grauman’s Chinese(Very tasty), Egyptian(OK), El Capitan(OK), Bridge Deluxe, Philly/L.A.(Ughh)(Nice Theater’s though), and a myriad of independant theaters throughout the US. Neshaminy is consistant on the taste and the only popcorn I can’t put down. Sorry if that’s biased to you, but that’s just “My opinion”. You don’t have to agree with it. Do your own taste test.

Steve

Michael R. Rambo Jr.
Michael R. Rambo Jr. on August 23, 2005 at 5:24 am

That was mentioned a few up by Steve Marcus, the projection manager at AMC Neshaminy 24.

Here are the theatres in Bucks County:
AMC Neshaminy 24 Theatre
AMC Woodhaven 10 Theatre(Opened as Woodhaven Mall 4 Cinemas)
County Twin Theatre (Opened as Doylestown County Theatre, operated by Budco Theatres)
Newtown Theatre
REG Barn Plaza Stadium 14 Theatre (built on site of Budco Doylestown Barn Cinemas)
REG Oxford Valley Stadium 14 Theatre (Opened as UA Oxford Valley 10 Theatre)
REG Richland Crossing 12 Theatre
REG Warrington Crossing Stadium 22 Theatre

Former theatres in Bucks County:
AMC Bucks Mall Colonial Twin Theatre (Opened as Ramon Posel’s Bucks Mall Colonial Theatre)
AMC Premiere Twin Theatre (Opened as Ramon Posel’s Premiere Theatre)
AMC-Budco Quakertown 5 Theatre
UA-Eric Fairless Hills 3
Eric I-95 Twin Theatre (opened as Milgram’s Fox Levittown Theatre)
UA-Eric Lincoln Plaza Twin Theatre (Opened as Lincoln Plaza Theatre)
UA-Eric Penn Jersey 3 Theatre

Michael R. Rambo Jr.
Michael R. Rambo Jr. on August 23, 2005 at 4:50 am

The folks who owns Warner Brothers, 20th Century Fox, Universal Pictures, Sony Pictures and every major film studio, as well as the National Assosisation of Theatre Owners, who say AMC Neshaminy 24 is the 4th best movie theatre on the east coast. also, the Bucks County Couier Times has rated AMC Neshaminy 24 the best movie theatre in Bucks County for the years 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004. The voting for 2005 is going on right now.

AMC Neshaminy 24 is way better than REG Marketplace 24. I work at AMC Neshaminy 24.

The best popcorn is at AMC Neshaminy 24, followed by AMC Hamilton 24, AMC Empire 25, AMC Woodhaven 10, AMC 309 Cinema 9, AMC Granite Run 8, AMC Marple 10, and AMC Painter’s Crossing 9.

ronniecolbert
ronniecolbert on August 23, 2005 at 4:33 am

hello
who every say that the amc 24 is the best theatre,they can eat dirt.
the regal oaks 24 is the best theatre that i every been to
THE BEST SEAT IN THE HOUSE IS AT THE REGAL 24 THEATRES.
amc theattres should be close down for good.

the best popcorn is at the regal oaks 24.

thx1164
thx1164 on August 22, 2005 at 6:02 pm

Neshaminy 24 is one of 2 Theaters with it’s design. The other being in Spain. Neshaminy has 10 Bathroom facilities, 3 large concession stands that can handle over 2500 people an hour when all 3 are operating, a long 12 terminal Box Office, 7 seperate Projection Booth’s (oh that poor Projection manager) and a mile walk from front to back. Not to mention the best Popcorn in the Philadelphia area.

Neshaminy 24 is the largest Theater complex in Pennsylvania, (4th on the east coast} and is consistantly ranked in the Top 25 Theatres nationwide for attendance, which is a testament to what a grand facility it is.

Eddiej1984
Eddiej1984 on March 1, 2005 at 7:41 pm

What a great theatre, seating numbers as follows:

1 and #24 – 617 each, #2 and #23 – 433 each, #12 and #13 – 207 each, #7 and #18 188 each, #8 – #11 and #14 – #17 – 157 each, #6 and #19 – 106 each, #3 – #5, and #20 – #22 – 79 each

making thet total of seats – 4,442