AMC Rockaway 16

363 Mount Hope Avenue,
Rockaway, NJ 07866

Showing 1,101 - 1,125 of 1,545 comments

CinemarkFan on June 25, 2009 at 10:42 am

I do think James Cameron will elevate 3-D to something really special with “Avatar”, but everybody ain’t James Cameron.

3-D is here to stay…for now.

markp on June 25, 2009 at 10:28 am

Right on larry2, now there’s someone speaking my kind of language. Finally someone who sees it the way I do.

larry on June 25, 2009 at 9:04 am

All this fuss about 3D. I predict within two years there will be no more 3D

larry on June 25, 2009 at 9:04 am

All this mfuss about 3D. I predict within two years there will be no more 3D

Giles on June 25, 2009 at 7:12 am

…and then rush out of the theatre to find the closest restroom. “bladder don’t fail me now!'

moviebuff82 on June 24, 2009 at 3:56 pm

On the AMC website, there is an offer for a free large popcorn with a purchase of a large soda along with a printable coupon and a ticket to see “Transformers 2”. This is a good deal for those who want to sit through two and a half hours of fast paced action and loud booming sound!!!

moviebuff82 on June 23, 2009 at 5:30 pm

Looks like Up will be playing in plain old 2D again this week, as Transformers 2 dominated plenty of screens and some sold out midnight showings tonight. One week from today the new IMAX theater is scheduled to open; how’s work going on that thing?

moviebuff82 on June 22, 2009 at 2:49 pm

On the website, there are no showtimes for Up on the day that Transformers 2 has full showtimes. I wonder if they’re showing it in 3D on that day? I Hope so.

moviebuff82 on June 21, 2009 at 11:09 am

Another article on 3D…
No wonder why the Rockaway theater is lagging behind the times.

moviebuff82 on June 21, 2009 at 9:40 am

Here’s the news article saying that Fox will pay for the 3-D glasses when Ice Age 3 opens…
btw, any word on when 3-D is coming to this theater?

moviebuff82 on June 20, 2009 at 12:37 pm

no ice age 3d in less than two weeks.

geniusdj2 on June 18, 2009 at 10:25 pm

34th street Digital Imax construction is going on, with a premiere opening Transformers 2.

moviebuff82 on June 18, 2009 at 5:35 pm

The Big Movie Zone website lists this theater as in Development, while LF Examiner and Michael Bay’s website list the date as June 30, 2009, six days after the next major IMAX movie comes out. Too bad it’s going to be the digital IMAX that die-hard IMAX fans will be complaining about. Even producer Frank Marshall went to the one in Times Square and wasn’t pleased.

moviebuff82 on June 17, 2009 at 6:39 pm

FYI, the upcoming Avatar movie will also have a 2D scope version for those theaters that can’t afford the 3D 16:9 format. Hopefully by then this theater will be 3D equipped.

moviebuff82 on June 17, 2009 at 12:28 pm

right now advance ticketing is not available on

moviebuff82 on June 15, 2009 at 4:26 pm

I created this thread, and I do most of the comments since i see a lot of movies at this theater.

Mike (saps)
Mike (saps) on June 15, 2009 at 3:31 pm

What in the world is happening at this theater to generate 429 responses? Without me reading the thread, can someone let me know if I’ve missed anything?

moviebuff82 on June 15, 2009 at 3:19 pm

I checked out advance tickets, and on June 30, no mention of Transformers IMAX. Has the project been canned? I hope so because AMC should install those digital projectors just in time for July and August when all the schoolkids are out!!! AMC made a big mistake by not installing the projection in time for Up, and they apologized for not showing it in 3D, letting moviegoers drive to mostly Clearview Cinemas in Morris and Warren County not to mention the AMC in Clifton Commons, which has benefited from showing Up in 3D.

moviebuff82 on June 12, 2009 at 3:50 pm

He lives on in the website as well as the front of soda cups and popcorn bags, not to mention old youtube clips of the trailers. Pretty soon AMC will redesign their website, with no sign of Clip. He lived a long life (1991-2009), and was to AMC what Popcorn Bob was to General Cinema. I think that’s a sign of things to come for AMC, as it prepares for the digital age just like the digital TV changeover.

geniusdj2 on June 11, 2009 at 11:27 pm

no the filmstrip guy clip is gone. Its replaced by two girls walking towards an AMC theatre, with the outside theatre marquee reading coming soon with amc logo on the top of the board.

moviebuff82 on June 11, 2009 at 1:11 pm

is clip in those trailers? he’s the filmstrip guy.

geniusdj2 on June 11, 2009 at 12:17 am

its only shown on new releasing and released films from past week.

geniusdj2 on June 11, 2009 at 12:15 am

well coming soon shows two girls walking towards the new AMC Mainstreet opened in Kansas (night scene). And Feature Presentation takes place in sort of jungle kind of environment where the guests are sitting on the seats made of vines and leaves raising up from ground.

moviebuff82 on June 9, 2009 at 3:09 pm

The idea of brining the Met series to this theater was from a resident of the township who lives in the Fox Hills development located not too far from the mall, who is an avid opera fan and has been to the real met. AMC responded, and the result became a success. I hope they continue to show these live shows as well as the NCM Fathom showings in order to keep this theater alive while others jump into the digital backwagon.