AMC Rockaway 16

363 Mt. Hope Avenue,
Rockaway, NJ 07866

Showing 1,101 - 1,125 of 1,550 comments

moviebuff82 on June 27, 2009 at 11:55 am

From what I read, Avatar looks like another big hit for Cameron, yet the public hasn’t seen a single trailer for the film. Maybe they’ll show it with Ice Age 3D or another movie. On the AMC website, they list Danbury, New Brunswick, and Monmouth Mall as getting those mini-IMAX screens…from now on, I’ll never go to those and stick with the real IMAX screens. As for this weekend’s top movie, the first day it opened, TF2 sold out a lot of shows. Since Thursday, ticket sales have cooled off a bit, although I’m waiting until the day when they start showing movies with legs. You know, like “Star Trek” and “Up”.

JJD
JJD on June 25, 2009 at 3:04 pm

Hey “larry 2” and “movie534”, you know I can’t remain silent. 3D is not going away this time, PERIOD! There are several reasons: 1/It’s far superior to past 3D systems (practically foolproof), 2/It’s being used more wisely than in the past (less gimmicky), 3/The public has accepted it if you look at the percentage of revenue it represents, 4/It has the backing of major studios, directors, etc., 5/It represents a form of entertainment you can’t get at home (at least for now and at least at this high level of quality), 6/AVATAR! AVATAR! AVATAR! You ain’t seen nothing yet. What’s been released so far is just the warm-up. And while it’s true that the majority of releases so far have been animated, give it time. Live action is on the way. Check out the MarketSaw blogspot. For me, that justifies “all this fuss” And, for those who say 3D does nothing to improve the story, I agree. But it wasn’t meant to. It was meant to enhance the senses, i.e., the moviegoing experience, much like color or widescreen or IMAX. They never made the story better either and yet survived because they made what you were watching more lifelike. 3D is the next logical step by making it more immersive, like life itself. Finally, until more digital 3D screens are added, there will be plenty of 2D versions of 3D movies available for all of you who don’t like it and continue to view the current wave as just another “phase”. Time marches on! The days of silent, black and white, and flat only movies are GONE, like it or not. I will now remove my gloves!

moviebuff82 on June 25, 2009 at 12:03 pm

i read that before.

moviebuff82 on June 25, 2009 at 11:24 am

a few..final destination death trip as well as my bloody valentine 3d.

larry
larry on June 25, 2009 at 11:16 am

Most of the 3D films are especially made for kids. Do not think adults are actually enthralled by the process. How many films in 3D are made for the adult audience?

CinemarkFan
CinemarkFan on June 25, 2009 at 9:42 am

I do think James Cameron will elevate 3-D to something really special with “Avatar”, but everybody ain’t James Cameron.

3-D is here to stay…for now.

markp
markp on June 25, 2009 at 9:28 am

Right on larry2, now there’s someone speaking my kind of language. Finally someone who sees it the way I do.

larry
larry on June 25, 2009 at 8:04 am

All this fuss about 3D. I predict within two years there will be no more 3D

larry
larry on June 25, 2009 at 8:04 am

All this mfuss about 3D. I predict within two years there will be no more 3D

Giles
Giles on June 25, 2009 at 6:12 am

…and then rush out of the theatre to find the closest restroom. “bladder don’t fail me now!'

moviebuff82 on June 24, 2009 at 2:56 pm

On the AMC website, there is an offer for a free large popcorn with a purchase of a large soda along with a printable coupon and a ticket to see “Transformers 2”. This is a good deal for those who want to sit through two and a half hours of fast paced action and loud booming sound!!!

moviebuff82 on June 23, 2009 at 4:30 pm

Looks like Up will be playing in plain old 2D again this week, as Transformers 2 dominated plenty of screens and some sold out midnight showings tonight. One week from today the new IMAX theater is scheduled to open; how’s work going on that thing?

moviebuff82 on June 22, 2009 at 1:49 pm

On the movietickets.com website, there are no showtimes for Up on the day that Transformers 2 has full showtimes. I wonder if they’re showing it in 3D on that day? I Hope so.

moviebuff82 on June 21, 2009 at 10:09 am

Another article on 3D…
No wonder why the Rockaway theater is lagging behind the times.

moviebuff82 on June 21, 2009 at 8:40 am

Here’s the news article saying that Fox will pay for the 3-D glasses when Ice Age 3 opens…
btw, any word on when 3-D is coming to this theater?

moviebuff82 on June 20, 2009 at 11:37 am

no ice age 3d in less than two weeks.

geniusdj2
geniusdj2 on June 18, 2009 at 9:25 pm

34th street Digital Imax construction is going on, with a premiere opening Transformers 2.

moviebuff82 on June 18, 2009 at 4:35 pm

The Big Movie Zone website lists this theater as in Development, while LF Examiner and Michael Bay’s website list the date as June 30, 2009, six days after the next major IMAX movie comes out. Too bad it’s going to be the digital IMAX that die-hard IMAX fans will be complaining about. Even producer Frank Marshall went to the one in Times Square and wasn’t pleased.

moviebuff82 on June 17, 2009 at 5:39 pm

FYI, the upcoming Avatar movie will also have a 2D scope version for those theaters that can’t afford the 3D 16:9 format. Hopefully by then this theater will be 3D equipped.

moviebuff82 on June 17, 2009 at 11:28 am

right now advance ticketing is not available on movietickets.com.

moviebuff82 on June 15, 2009 at 3:26 pm

I created this thread, and I do most of the comments since i see a lot of movies at this theater.

Mike (saps)
Mike (saps) on June 15, 2009 at 2:31 pm

What in the world is happening at this theater to generate 429 responses? Without me reading the thread, can someone let me know if I’ve missed anything?

moviebuff82 on June 15, 2009 at 2:19 pm

I checked out advance tickets, and on June 30, no mention of Transformers IMAX. Has the project been canned? I hope so because AMC should install those digital projectors just in time for July and August when all the schoolkids are out!!! AMC made a big mistake by not installing the projection in time for Up, and they apologized for not showing it in 3D, letting moviegoers drive to mostly Clearview Cinemas in Morris and Warren County not to mention the AMC in Clifton Commons, which has benefited from showing Up in 3D.

moviebuff82 on June 12, 2009 at 2:50 pm

He lives on in the website as well as the front of soda cups and popcorn bags, not to mention old youtube clips of the trailers. Pretty soon AMC will redesign their website, with no sign of Clip. He lived a long life (1991-2009), and was to AMC what Popcorn Bob was to General Cinema. I think that’s a sign of things to come for AMC, as it prepares for the digital age just like the digital TV changeover.