Pacific 1-2-3

6433 Hollywood Boulevard,
Los Angeles, CA 90028

KramSacul
KramSacul on January 22, 2008 at 12:28 pm

That’s indeed half of the twinned balcony. Looks to be in pretty good shape too. How much damage is there?

JodarMovieFan
JodarMovieFan on January 11, 2008 at 5:49 pm

The East mezzanine picture is ½ of the twinned balcony? Or is it the main auditorium? It seems cut off in the middle. The hallway pictures and ceiling fixtures look quite good. I suppose someone is maintaining the theater.

jonniev77
jonniev77 on January 11, 2008 at 3:33 pm

Hi all! I had the opportunity to walk through this great place a few months ago, and I was able to take some pictures. I thought I’d share them: http://www.flickr.com/gp/22721423@N04/H1C91y

paulm248
paulm248 on January 6, 2008 at 12:27 am

Response #1:
Yeah, what’s it worth to you…

Response #2:
Yes, and if I show you, I’ll have to kill you…

Response #3:
In the basement of the Robertson Properties Group on Robertson Blvd. in Beverly Hills, there’s an office that has all the original Warner Hollywood blueprints.

How bad do you want them?

demalet
demalet on January 5, 2008 at 10:31 pm

Does anyone have floor plans of Warner Pacific?

rlessin
rlessin on January 4, 2008 at 8:08 am

Howard, thanks for the photos, Rob Lessin

HowardBHaas
HowardBHaas on January 3, 2008 at 9:04 pm

Not 1950’s, but as I don’t see it above posted, wonderful photo set by Ken Roe of this theater:

rlessin
rlessin on December 10, 2007 at 5:44 pm

Does anyone have a photo of interior of Pacific 1-2-3 in Hollywood from the early 50’s showing the Cinerama set up.

kencmcintyre
kencmcintyre on November 11, 2007 at 6:41 pm

This is an interesting photo from the USC archive. Paul deLongpre was one of Hollywood’s early residents. Here is house is being demolished while the frame of the Warner theater rises in the background:

Twistr54
Twistr54 on November 9, 2007 at 9:15 pm

Great !! Im looking for it now, hope to find one. I just ordered it from Amazon.com, looking forward to its arrival :) Thanks ken mc

kencmcintyre
kencmcintyre on November 9, 2007 at 9:49 am

“An Illustrated History of Hollywood”, by Gregory Paul Williams. I don’t have any more photos to scan.

Twistr54
Twistr54 on November 9, 2007 at 9:35 am

what book are you scanning from?

kencmcintyre
kencmcintyre on November 8, 2007 at 7:31 am

Here is a photo of the marquee, circa 1930s:

VintageArt
VintageArt on October 3, 2007 at 11:59 am

William, I would like to talk with you off line. Can you please email me at with contact details?
Denny

KJB2012
KJB2012 on October 3, 2007 at 9:56 am

William, thanks for the info.

William
William on October 2, 2007 at 6:47 pm

Kirk on some TODD-AO installs they placed the screen in front of the smaller stage openings. So that the original stage opening would not be destroyed if the format did not fly. In 1969 the UA Egyptian installed the D-150 screen. They tore out the whole front stage area to place that screen almost to the back wall of the stage house in that theatre. For Cinerama in the Warner Hollywood Theatre they covered the pit and cut the front lip of the stage for the curved screen. If you go behind the screen and look at the front half of the stage you can see the curved cut in the wood.

KramSacul
KramSacul on August 27, 2007 at 12:11 am

Wow, there was no riff raff back then.

kencmcintyre
kencmcintyre on August 24, 2007 at 5:23 pm

Here is a 1928 photo from the USC archive:

Roloff
Roloff on August 8, 2007 at 1:15 am

Here’s a picture I took in August 1998 of the Pacific: View link
Here’s the postcard of the Warner showing Cinerama Holiday that has been mentioned before, with the Iris (Fox) on the right:

KJB2012
KJB2012 on August 7, 2007 at 5:42 pm

I would have thought that the front of the Egyptian auditorium would have been destoryed in 1955 when Todd-Ao was installed for “Oklahoma”. D-150 didn’t arrive until the end of the 1960s, so I’m a bit puzzeled. Iknow when I first went to the Egyptian in the 1980s, the wide screen was there. But I assumed it had been in place since ‘55.

markinthedark
markinthedark on August 7, 2007 at 4:42 pm

If one looks at Google Earth or Google Maps in Satellite or Hybrid mode, is it the building to the immediate east of the main Egyptian auditorium and just north of the eastern side of the parking lot? (and then I will give this thread back to Pacific!!)

haineshisway
haineshisway on August 7, 2007 at 4:30 pm

They’re not there anymore – if memory serves the buildings were combined and it’s now the Egyptian Arena Theater, a 99 seat waiver house.

William
William on August 7, 2007 at 2:07 pm

The twins were on the Las Palmas side of the property. There were still there the last time I was there.