Comments from bolorkay

bolorkay commented about Lafayette Theatre on Jul 8, 2014 at 1:14 am

At one of the last screenings of the spring season, it was mentioned that an advance list for the fall “classics” is available… will that list be posted here ? Thank You

bolorkay commented about Loew's Jersey Theatre on Jun 6, 2014 at 2:59 am

Any word yet as to what the films might be for next weekend, June 13 and 14 ?

bolorkay commented about Lafayette Theatre on May 29, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Has “Little Shop of Horrors” been removed from this weekend’s “Classisc Film” schedule? The Lafayette web site mentions that the next film on this schedule is “Rebel Without A Cause” on June 7th.

bolorkay commented about Loew's Jersey Theatre on Mar 28, 2014 at 5:00 am

Agreed, movieguy. “Glorious” is certainly the word for what the Loews does with their 35mm film programs!

bolorkay commented about Loew's Jersey Theatre on Mar 28, 2014 at 2:38 am

Just got the e-mail on 3/26…. John Huston’s “The African Queen” (with Bogart and Hepburn) will be screened this Saturday at 7 P.M. at the Landmark Loews Jersey.

bolorkay commented about Lafayette Theatre on Feb 17, 2014 at 5:38 am

I know it’s way too early but, any thoughts as to what the Spring (weekend) Film Festival might bring ? Cabin feaver strikes again! R.I.P. Mr. Barker.

bolorkay commented about Loew's Jersey Theatre on Feb 16, 2014 at 7:54 am

Very quiet (in terms of films) for the remainder of this month and into March… I hope all is well at this great theater.

bolorkay commented about Loew's Jersey Theatre on Feb 5, 2014 at 11:05 am

Thanks, FOL for that great 35mm presentation of “Jaws” this past weekend. One of those movies that just keeps getting better with time, especially on Loew’s huge screen. Very nice turnout for a film that did not recieve very much advance publicity. Looking forward to the rest of February and March to see what surprises are in store for us.

bolorkay commented about Loew's Jersey Theatre on Jan 28, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Yes. “Jaws” will be screened this Sat., Feb 1 at 7 P.M.

bolorkay commented about Lafayette Theatre on Jan 11, 2014 at 10:16 am

Hello,

Any news/thoughts on the up-coming Classic Film Weekends at the Lafayette?

bolorkay commented about Loew's Jersey Theatre on Jan 6, 2014 at 4:48 am

NYCer, In a year-end email from the Friends of Loew’s summarizing some of the great programs of 2013 one of the “frustrations” mentioned was that the government funding coming from Jersey City never seemed to materialize. (If I have my facts straight.) Would this be the same funding/support for renovations mentioned in your post of Nov. 12 ?

bolorkay commented about Teaneck Cinemas on Jan 1, 2014 at 8:40 am

Hi, Would anyone know if the new owners of the Teaneck Cinema will continue to use the services of Moviefone.com to up-date their showtimes ? (For me, this is my main source of movie information.) I’ve only noticed thier showtimes on Fandango.

bolorkay commented about Loew's Jersey Theatre on Jan 1, 2014 at 8:34 am

Any thoughts yet on the monthly film programs for the month of January ?

bolorkay commented about Teaneck Cinemas on Dec 24, 2013 at 4:27 am

Does anyone know if there are plans to bring into the Teaneck Cinema a “classic film” program as was the case with the former owners?

bolorkay commented about Lafayette Theatre on Dec 24, 2013 at 4:24 am

Happy and Healthy Holiday wishes to everyone at the Lafayette family.

Looking forward to many film classics in 2014.

bolorkay commented about Teaneck Cinemas on Dec 20, 2013 at 7:21 am

This is very good news, John. Can’t wait to pay a visit during the holidays.

Would you know if they have the capacity for both 35mm and digital, or are they 100% digital, now?

Happy Holidays, Bob

bolorkay commented about Film Forum on Oct 10, 2013 at 1:22 am

Praise and a heart-felt thank-you to Film Forum for bring back The “Sci-Fi Festival” this year. I hope it was a big money-maker for you. Love to see this come back every summer, again.

bolorkay commented about Lafayette Theatre on Oct 10, 2013 at 1:16 am

Hello, Is there any chance for some type of incarnation of the “Horror-Thon” this year?

bolorkay commented about Loew's Jersey Theatre on Sep 29, 2013 at 5:12 am

Leave it to the Loews Jersey to present such a wonderfully “varied” film program as this past weekend’s. Car chase films? Who would have thought? (Whoever organizes the Loews film programs should be commended for their imagination and just plain sense of “fun”.) And (call me old-fahioned, if you will) in glorious 35mm! Looking forward, FOL to the “Horror Weekend” at the end of October.

bolorkay commented about Lafayette Theatre on Sep 16, 2013 at 7:39 am

I’m hoping and praying that the video only possibilities for the up-coming season don’t entirely pan out. (Any thoughts from the new folks who are currently running the Lafayette?) It seems to me that there still might be “some” 35mm prints still available (perhaps not as many as in the past.)for exhibition. Case in point….. that beautiful print of Welles' “The Stranger” that was shown last season at the Lafayette. Seeing it in 35mm gave me a whole new perspective on a film that I have never cared for when shown strictly on TCM. Here’s hoping that 35mm can still be a viable medium at the Lafayette.

bolorkay commented about Loew's Jersey Theatre on Sep 6, 2013 at 2:56 am

Thoughts on the fall “monthly” film season yet?

bolorkay commented about Lafayette Theatre on Sep 2, 2013 at 4:01 am

Very happy to see that Classic Films still have a place at the Lafayette. Quite a nice and varied line-up. (Fellini, anyone?) I’m hoping that the “Horror-Thon” will make a return, as well. (Can’t remember the last time I saw “Dracula’s Daughter” and “House of Frankenstein” on a local big screen. Except, of course at the Lafayette.)

bolorkay commented about Teaneck Cinemas on Aug 27, 2013 at 12:20 pm

Hi, May I take a moment to wish Mr. Latten every good fortune in his efforts to breathe new life into the Cedar Lane? And it was wonderful,Ms. Joyne to see your photographs of the interior and the progress being made thus far. Looking forward to making the trip in from Wayne for the grand “re-opening”. Cudos to all involved who show a desire to preserve the local, neighborhood cinemas as a viable alternative to those “rip-off houses” on Rte. 17, etc.!

bolorkay commented about Lafayette Theatre on Aug 17, 2013 at 2:52 am

Hi, I’m just thinking out loud , but I wonder how economically “viable” Big Screen Classics has been over the years for the Lafayette? Even though I’m only two years from my official senior “status” I have been and always will be happy to pay for a ticket to the Big Screen Classics program if this means preserving this or any form of “classic” film program. (As I understand it the “senior” audiences who seem to make up the majority of the audiences at these Saturday morning programs get in for free if they live within the community.) Not wishing to seem insensitive but I hope that the preservation of classic films at the Lafayette will always be a priority.

bolorkay commented about Lafayette Theatre on Aug 10, 2013 at 2:01 am

Hi Peter, Certainly sad to hear that Nelson will no longer be a part of the Lafayette. His “intros” to each of the BSC films certainly added so much to the experience. (Will you continue to help program the Sat. “Big Screen Classics”? Sure hope so.) But happy to hear that Ramapo will continue its support of “Big Screen Classics” (Let’s hope they do the same with the “The Horror-Thon”…an integral part of “Big Screen Classics”, IMHO!) I’ll certainly be there to support the Lafayette. I’ve said it countless times but the local, single-screen theatre is the heart of any community and it’s wonderful to have a group such as the Benmosche family who support this. Anything a film fan can do to help this theatre? (Besides buying tickets.) Please let me know.