Bellevue Cinema 4
260 Bellevue Avenue,
6 people favorited this theater
Architects: John H. Phillips
Styles: Tudor Revival
Previous Names: Bellevue Theatre, Clearview Bellevue Theatres
News About This Theater
- Mar 18, 2013 — “South Pacific” 55th Anniversary – The Roadshow Engagements
- Dec 9, 2012 — Happy 50th, “Lawrence of Arabia”
- Oct 19, 2011 — Happy 50th, "West Side Story"
- Mar 2, 2010 — Happy 45th, "The Sound Of Music"
- Dec 12, 2008 — Remembering Cinerama (Part 15: Northern New Jersey)
The Bellevue Theatre opened May 13 1922 in a former horse stable. The building is in a Tudor style, as is most of that section of town. United Artists triplexed the theatre on December 16, 1983, and an independent operator converted it into a quad, destroying all original design. Clearview took over in the 1990’s. In June 2013, Bow-Tie Cinemas took over, as it took most of Clearview’s locations.
The Bow-Tie Bellevue Cinema 4 was suddenly closed on November 12, 2017, as the lease was due to expire on November 30. The owner of the building hopes to reopen the building by fall of 2021.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.