5 Seymour Street,
7 people favorited this theater
The Wellmont Theatre was built in 1922 as a legitimate theatre and converted into a motion picture theatre in 1929. The original entrance on the main avenue was 400 Bloomfield Avenue.
In 1951, it was listed with a seating capacity of 2,137. In the 1970’s, the theatre was triplexed and the entry was moved around the corner to the lobby’s former emergency exit. The original lobby then became a diner. The largest auditorium is the balcony theatre. Two auditoriums with smaller screens were created in the former orchestra seating.
The Westmont Theatre closed in 2006. In 2008, it was reported that the theatre was sold and the new owners were working on a plan to reopen it for concerts and other events. In 2008, as part of the renovations, the Wellmont Theatre became a single screen again, with the removal of the triplexing. The Wellmont Theatre reopened November 1, 2008, as a concert venue.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater