Comments from cbnight

Showing 12 comments

cbnight commented about Indiana Theatre on Dec 20, 2010 at 9:30 pm

Recent shot from 2010

cbnight commented about Fine Arts Theater on Dec 10, 2010 at 6:50 pm

Another image in the lobby by the manned elevator.

cbnight commented about Fine Arts Theater on Dec 9, 2010 at 8:32 pm

I have an image from the 1980’s out front here

And a recent image made vintage

cbnight commented about Uptown Theater on Nov 11, 2010 at 4:28 pm

Many great images here:

cbnight commented about Dolton Cinema on Nov 11, 2010 at 4:22 pm

When I visited the theater in the late ‘80’s the owner said that this used to be a vaudville theater before becoming a 100% movie theater. I have some images behind the screen I’ll try to find. There were crowsnests and a full wooden stage back there.

cbnight commented about Commercial Theatre on Sep 21, 2010 at 10:07 pm

This was converted to the South Chicago Mall in the 60’s.
Then that mall was torn down around 1997 and you could see the old screen inside.
Jim Klekowski owner of http://www.ellisavenue.com has a book on the area and I’m sure some shots, he was pretty adament about the tear down.

cbnight commented about Dolton Cinema on Jul 6, 2010 at 8:09 pm

Yet another from the booth.

cbnight commented about Dolton Cinema on Jun 28, 2010 at 5:59 pm

I’ve added a photo taken from the projection booth looking down during a movie.

cbnight commented about Dolton Cinema on Jun 4, 2010 at 8:47 pm

It should be available?
I turned it off at one point but it seems to be working from the above links.

cbnight commented about Dolton Cinema on Jun 4, 2010 at 4:25 pm

My painting based on my images posted by Lost Memory and Chuck 1231

I have more images from behind the screen and in the projection booth, I’ll have to find and scan them.

cbnight commented about Dolton Cinema on Jun 4, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Here is my painting inside the Dolton Theater projection booth.

cbnight commented about Orpheum Theatre on May 27, 2010 at 10:32 pm