Showing 1 comment
The Theatre Name was on the marquee tower which was destroyed by a wind storm in the mid 1980’s. Future plans include the replacement of the original tower. The lower marquee was in a state of disrepair and was restored in 1996.
The Colusa Theatre building was built as a department store in the early 1890’s and was converted to a theatre in 1931. As with many theatres, the Colusa Theatre was badly damaged by fire in 1946. The current interior design, facade, and marquee date to the 1947 re-opening.
A local artist, Adele Etcheverry, restored the 1947 murals.