The Pentridge as remodelled for the re-opening on 25 March 1920 to William Heap’s design.
Heap’s drawings for the Imperial had two supporting columns in the rear stalls. The stalls went further back at the Pentridge; so the columns look very intrusive.
The ‘drop’ with adverts on it looks very dated: a hang-over from music-halls/theatres.
No one has favorited this photo yet