Wondergraph Programme, Page 2.
The Prince Alfred Hotel was in a cut stone building attached to the Town Hall and architecturally in harmony with it. It now houses offices and catered reception areas to add to the facilities available to citizens.
In 1867, Prince Alfred, Duke of Edinburgh, second son of Queen Victoria, laid the foundation stones of the General Post Office clock tower nearly opposite the Town Hall, and of Prince Alfred College, one of the two oldest and most prestigious schools for boys in Adelaide, both very much in the English ‘Public School’ tradition.
No one has favorited this photo yet