With the interest in a straight newsreel show waning after World War 2, Interstate Circuit and its partner Telenews agreed to add feature films to the mix. But the name “Telenews” on the front of the theater was a bit confusing. So in 1949, Telenews bowed out of the operation and Interstate’s gift to Dallas was to rename the theater as the Dallas Theater. But it was too little too late as the theater didn’t deliver audiences and Interstate gave up on the theater selling it in 1951.
No one has favorited this photo yet