Getty 4 Drive-In

920 E. Summit Avenue,
Muskegon, MI 49444

Unfavorite 1 person favorited this theater

Showing 7 comments

NeonMichael
NeonMichael on April 15, 2017 at 11:49 am

From the Getty Drive-In web site:

The Getty Drive In – Since 1944 (sic)

The Getty Drive In was originally a one screen theatre built in 1948 called the NK Drive In.

Loeks Theatres purchased the theatre in 1966 and changed the name to The Getty Drive In.

In 1978, Loeks added three screens making the Getty one of the largest outdoor theatres in the country.

Automobile radio sound was introduced in 1993, allowing movie goers more high-quality sound.

In 2013, the Getty Drive-In converted to DLP® Digital Projection, enhancing the quality and brightness of the picture and extending the life of the Getty for years to come!

steelbeard1
steelbeard1 on July 18, 2011 at 11:16 am

Jack Loeks Theatres also operates the Celebration! Cinemas chain of megaplexes in western Michigan.

Eridony
Eridony on July 10, 2008 at 3:13 pm

Last year they replaced the screen that was removed after the 2005 wind storm. So the Getty 4 is back to four screens again.

steelbeard1
steelbeard1 on March 16, 2006 at 6:28 pm

Sad to say that a November 2005 wind storm has damaged the Getty’s original screen tower beyond repair and is being dismanted. The official web site does give a progress report on the unplanned face lift at View link