Edwards and W. Main Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Opened on 3rd April 1918 playing ‘The Show of Wonders’, the Marlow Theatre was built as a dual purpose venue for stage productions and movies.
In the 1943 edition of Film Daily Yearbook, the Marlow is listed as being under the management of Fox Intermountain Theaters Inc. In 1949 the theatre underwent an $85,000 re-modelling.
Highlights from its history are the visit of John F. Kennedy in the summer of 1960 who was seeking support of the Montana State Democratic Convention which met in the theatre. In June 1961, the world premiere of the “The Naked Edge”, Gary Cooper’s last film was held at the Marlow. Cooper had died from cancer in May 1961 and he was being honoured in his local town where he once had worked as a cartoonist on the Independent Record newspaper prior to going to Hollywood.
The Marlow Theatre was demolished in May 1972 for the extension of South Park Avenue.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater