Concord Auto Movies
1200 Concord Avenue,
2 people favorited this theater
The Concord Auto Movies in Concord was located north of Willow Pass Road between Routes 680 and 24. It opened July 1, 1960. It played some first-run titles but very often picked up titles from other Syufy drive-ins such as the Solano Drive-In, and would run them for a few weeks prior to going to second-run houses.
Originally, the Auto Movies was owned by the Enea Brothers. As such, it was not one of the higher-end drive-ins of the 1960’s and 1970’s. Syufy Enterprises did very little to upgrade the look of the place. It was located between two busy freeways and was often in the final approach for the local airport. So it was a noisy place and could not offer good screen brightness.
The Auto Movies ceased operation in 1977 and was demolished. The land now houses office buildings and a Waterworld USA parking area.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater