Plaza de la Candelaria,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Built by Oscar Ochao Palacios in 1952, the Teatro Imperial was one of the first luxurious cinemas of those times built in Caracas. Designed in a modern style of the 1950’s it had apartments built above it.
In the 1970’s it was twinned with an unknown number of seats in the former stalls area and around 400 seats in the former balcony.
It closed in 1989 and the apartments were converted into offices, the balcony cinema became a meeting hall for religious groups and school graduations. It then became a church operated by the Moonies before they were kicked out the country. In the late 1990’s Colonal Hugo Chavez began holding meetings in the former balcony cinema. It is now is used as a community meeting hall.
The former stalls area became a parking garage and the area behind where the screen would have been is now used as an internet cafe.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater