Auburn Placer Performing Arts Center
985 Lincoln Way,
2 people favorited this theater
The State Theatre opened December 26, 1930 with Marilyn Miller in “Sunny”. It was a T & D Jr. Enterprises theatre with an Art Deco motif and a seating capacity of 1,325. It was converted from a single screen theatre to a duplex in 1972 at which time the balcony was converted into offices.
In March, 2006 the State Theatre was purchased by The Auburn Placer Performing Arts Center, Inc., a local non-profit group. APPAC plans to reconstruct the State Theatre as a local performing arts and cultural center that will be home to the Auburn Symphony and feature a variety of entertainment types. The intent is to stay as closely as possible to the historic layout, including a reconstruction of the balcony.
In June 2008 the facade was restored to its 1937 likeness and a marquee and vertical blade sign installed. It reopened in October 2014.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater