365 High Road,
1 person favorited this theater
Located in Wembley, Middlesex, today a district in the north of Greater London. The Wembley Hall Cinema opened in 1914 and had a seating capacity of 560. It operated as an independent cinema and in 1935 the owners closed it down for a major rebuild. It re-opened in December 1935 with an increased seating capacity of 1,050.
It was taken over by the Rank Organisation and modernised again, re-opening on 23rd May 1955 as the Gaumont. On 17th December 1961 it was re-named Odeon (the former Majestic/Odeon Wembley had closed in May 1961).
The Odeon closed on 18th January 1975 with Roger Moore in “Gold”. The building stood unused for a while until it was re-opened as the Liberty Cinema in 1976 screening Asian Bollywood films on several nights a week. The Liberty Cinema finally closed in 1981 and the building was demolished for an office block named Valiant House to be built on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater