2426 Piedmont Road NE,
4 people favorited this theater
This was the second Parking Palace to open in Atlanta, opening on September 29, 1936. It was located on Piedmont Road NE at Lindbergh Drive NE and was closed in 1942 due to wartime conditions. It was refurbished and reopened as the Piedmont Drive-In on September 10, 1947. This was not a drive-in theater that was glitzy or glamorous. It was pretty much a working-class theater, with a great concession stand. There was a kiddie section almost right below the screen, where the parents would escort us so they could have peace and quiet in the car. They would retrieve us at the end of the movie.
Later, it was a favorite place to take dates for obvious reasons. On weekends, the theatre hired an off-duty policeman to walk up and down the rows of cars, shining his flashlight in, and cautioning couples to keep their heads above the seat. The Piedmont Drive-In was closed in 1967.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater