Hong Kong Grand Theatre
Queen's Road East,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Hong Kong Grand Theatre was situated in the Wanchai district on the Hong Kong Island. It was built on the site of a theatre opened at an unknown date in the 1910’s and adjacent buildings.
It opened to business on 22nd May, 1958 with the re-run “Bombers B-52”.
The front part of the theatre building was offices, and the auditorium was on the first floor in the rear part. The spacious lobby was on the ground floor.
It showed second run English language and first run Cantonese language films in the late-1950s and 1960’s.
Since the theatre had a stage, it also served as a venue for Cantonese operas and Mandarin vaudeville shows. The theatre temporarily closed in the early-1970’s.
In its last year, the theatre showed artistic films,and its last two films were “Citizen Kane” and “The Last Picture Show”. It closed on 19th September, 1976.
A commercial building was built on the site of the theatre and adjacent buildings.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater