229 E. Tulare Avenue,
1 person favorited this theater
Architects: Timothy L. Pflueger
Previous Names: Electric Theatre, Theatre Tulare, New Tulare Theatre
Located on Tulare Avenue near L Street. The Electric Theatre was opened in 1908. In 1909 it was renamed Teatre Tulare and on March 4, 1916 it became the Tulare Theatre. It was taken over by T & D Theatres on September 1, 1923 and was closed for a refurbishment and installation of new projection equipment. It was rebuilt/remodeled in 1926 to the plans of architect Timothy L. Pfluger and reopened on March 18, 1927 with Rin Tin Tin in “Hills of Kentucky” & Lupino Lane in “The Naughty Boy”.
Following further refurbishment, the Tulare Theatre reopened on November 8, 1940 with Myrna Loy in “Third Finger, Left Hand” & Hopalong Cassidy in “"Three Men From Texas”. The theatre was closed by United Artists on August 26, 1975 and was demolished five years later to make way for a new bank building.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.