6 Station Approach,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Hayes, Kent, which today is now a district in south east Greater London in the Borough of Bromley. The Rex Cinema opened on 6th August 1936 for the independent General Cinema Theatres company. It was designed by noted cinema architect Cecil Masey and also had a café for the convenience of its patrons. It was taken over by Town Theatres who were then taken over on 26th January 1942 by Oscar Deutsch’s Odeon Theatres Ltd. It was re-named Odeon on 30th July 1945.
It was one of the first casualties of the new television revolution and an early closure of the Odeon circuit which ocurred on 27th October 1956 with the double bill programme Spencer Tracey in “Bad Day at Black Rock” and Gina Lollobrigida in “Wife for a Night”(Moglie per una notte). The Odeon was demolished and a supermarket built on the site, today an Iceland supermarket.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater