No one has favorited this theater yet
Showing 2 comments
Conceptualized as the Twin-City Drive-In Theatre between Spearfish and Deadwood, the theatre celebrated its grand opening on May 7, 1952 with “Treasure of Lost Canyon.” That December, however, a strong windstorm toppled the original screen. It was rebuilt easily in time for the 1953 season. The theatre is about where a Hills Pet Food Factory was in the mid-2010s on the opposite side of the road near the Black Hills Airport at 4025 E Colorado Blvd, Spearfish, SD 57783.
Hill’s Drive-In was still open in 1969. The last owner was Leonard Steele.