Plaza Theatre

37 Fairfield Avenue,
Bridgeport, CT 06610

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 1 comment

barrygoodkin
barrygoodkin on August 25, 2009 at 11:43 pm

The theatre opened as Hawes Opera House 1875 and Sylvester Poli bought the theatre in 1901. It was remodelled and renamed Poli’s until Poli opened his new Poli’s on Main Street in 1912 and it became the Plaza. The Main Street Poli’s became the Globe after Poli opened his Poli’s Palace and Majestic in 1922. It was demolished around 1930 and became the site of a gas station.