No one has favorited this theater yet
Built on the site the Olympia Picture House, the Regal Cinema had a brick and artificial stone facade with a pylon on the right to accommodate the entrance. Fountain motifs here were repeated inside the two-level auditorium as ante-proscenium grilles above balconettes, lit by Holophane colour lighting. Foyer murals of Italian gardens were by scenic artist George Legge of Bryan’s Adamanta, Birmingham. The projectors were Ernemanns, and sound by Western Electric. The former Olympia’s stage house was retained but heightened with a grid, and the stage used for both professional and local shows.
The Regal Cinema opened on 2nd November 1933 with the double bill programme; Albert Burdon in “Letting In the Sunshine” and Clifford Mollison in “The Lucky Number”. It was operated by Charles & George Deeming.
The Regal Cinema closed on 14th May 1960 with Peter Sellers in “Two Way Stretch” and Reed De Rouen in “Naked Fury”. It stood empty for a while and then was converted into Coalville Casino Club from 19th April 1963. In July 1992 it was sold to Flutters Bingo Club’s and remains in that use today.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater