Boynton 8 Cinemas
2290 North Congress Avenue,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Boynton 8 Cinemas opened in 1991 as a Cobb Theatre, however it was rumored to have been designed by Storey Theatres (closely resembled the Delk 10 in Atlanta). It was located in the Shoppes of Boynton center on the corner of Congress Avenue and Gateway Boulevard.
It was a typical Cobb design for its time, however it had a more attractive look and modern feel than its 1980’s predecessors. There were two separate box offices (two selling stations in each). The octagon concession stand located in the center of the lobby had six selling stations around its perimeter, with two poppers. The two largest auditoriums were in the back of the building, accessed by a large ramp that led to their entrances. Each of these auditoriums had about 400 seats.
Smaller houses were mirrored on either side and decreased in size around the open lobby toward the front of the building. The booth was large and open, with two hallways that fed the smaller houses (2 and 4, 1 and 3). It was equipped with Simplex 1050 projector heads and Strong Super Highlight lamphouses. There was DTS in both of the largest houses, and SDDS in one of the two (which never worked). The rest of the houses were equipped with stereo.
This theatre was acquired by Regal Cinemas in 1997 and was closed in 2004. Unfortunately, it was demolished to make room for an LA Fitness. It was a great place to watch movies, as well as to work.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater