Cines Renoir Floridablanca
Carrer Floridablanca, 135,
1 person favorited this theater
This new multiplex cinema opened in 2002. It is located in the south of the city centre, close to the University of Barcelona. It is operated by the independent Renoir chain of cinemas. It screens first run and independent films in their original language versions. Seating capacities in the seven screens are: 67, 253, 131, 169, 190, 121 and 162.
The new multiplex is built on the site of the 3,500 seat Gran Cine Bohemia which opened on 3rd April 1910 and closed 16th May 1943.
It was replaced by the modern Art Deco style Cine Florida, designed by architect Pere Ricart, which opened on 17th September 1943 with 1,517 seats in orchestra and balcony levels. The opening film was Barbara Stanwyck and Fred Mac Murray in “Remember the Night”. It became the Florida Cinerama from 11th December 1964, opening with “It’s A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World”. Converted into a triple screen cinema from 17th December 1988, it was demolished to build the new Cines Renoir Floridablanca.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater