Auto Vision Drive-In
588 Columbia Turnpike,
1 person favorited this theater
Located in the town of East Greenbush, a little over five miles east of Albany, NY. The Auto Vision Theater was opened on May 23, 1940 with “March of the Movies” (aka The Film Parade) & Edmund Lowe in “The Wolf of New York” It was built adjacent to and behind a Howard Johnson’s restaurant that pre-dated it. It had a standard one screen arrangement with a combined projection house and concession stand. The ticket booths and marquee were updated several times over the years. In the 1960’s a kiddie play land was added in front of the screen, and car heaters were offered to extend the season into November.
More commercial establishments also came like McDonald’s, Pizza Hut, Friendly', and Carvel’s Ice Cream. With the inception of VCRs and the skyrocketing cost of land in the area, it closed in 1979 and was replaced by a fitness center, which has now also closed.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater