No one has favorited this theater yet
Built in 1926 and opened in 1927 and the architect was Fritz Wilms. Seating was provided for 2,680, which included 180 seats in boxes. The Mercedes-Palast was located on a corner site at Rollbergstrabe in the Nuekolln district of Berlin. The plain ceiling of the auditorium was broken only by a large centrally placed round dome, which had the projection box located above it. It was closed briefly in 1930 and was used as an events space for a short while. It re-opened as a cinema during the Nazi period and in 1943 became an entertainment club. Closed for a while from 1944 until 1948 due to war damage.
In 1949 until 1951 it was re-named Metro-Palast using the foyer as a cinema. The main auditorium was repaired and re-opened in 1951 under the name Europa-Palast with a slightly reduced seating capacity of 2,462.
In 1955, architect Piere de Born re-modeled the building into a 750 seat cinema located in the former foyer which was named Roxy Kino. The main auditorium was closed and unusued. The Roxy appears to have closed in 1966 and the entire building was demolished in 1969 for a Woolworth’s store to be built on the site.
This too has now been demolished and a shopping mall was built on the site. It contains the 5-screen Rollberg Kinos, which opened in 1996.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater