Cedarbrae Cinemas 8
3434 Lawrence Avenue East,
1 person favorited this theater
The Cedarbrae Theatre was built by renovating the remains of the former Cedarbrae Bowl structure, built in the late 1950’s. Unfortunately, the parcel of land the theater was located on was not much larger than the theater building and a parking lot had to be created across the street in the Cedarbrae Plaza lot.
The Cedarbrae opened in 1969 with two screens. Two more were added in 1975; two more added in 1982; and two more were added in 1987 turning the theater into an eight-plex.
20th Century Theatres and later on Famous Players ran the Cedarbrae, which in later years showed discount movies.
In 1987-1991, the Cedarbrae was perhaps the biggest theater in Canada until Centre Laval 12 opened near Montreal.
The Cedarbrae Cinemas 8 closed in 2003 after the nearby Eglinton Town Square opened. The theater has been replaced by a shopping center.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater