6415 Hollywood Boulevard,
2 people favorited this theater
The Idyl Hour Theatre was opened in 1913 by P. Tabor, who had successfully operated his first Idyl Hour Theatre for the previous two years at 6265 Hollywood Boulvevard, just east of Vine Street.
Soon after opening it was renamed Iris Theatre. The Iris Theatre was so successful, that Tabor built a new Iris Theatre across the street in 1918. The old Iris Theatre was possibly demolished when construction began in 1927 on the Hollywood Warner Theatre (later Pacific). In 2009, the site of the first Iris Theatre is an empty plot to the east of the Pacific 1-2-3 Theatre near the corner of Hollywood Boulevard and N. Cahuenga Boulevard.
As a footnote; The second Iris Theatre (which has its own separate page on Cinema Treasures) was renamed Fox Theatre on December 20, 1968, and closed in 1994. It stood empty and unused for over ten years, and was converted into a nightclub/bar.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater