Good World Theatre
199 Tong Mi Road, Tai Kok Tsui,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Good World Theatre was a neighbourhood cinema built before WWII in Tai Kok Tsui on the Kowloon side of Hong Kong. It opened to business in early-February 1940 and showed selected Chinese and English films until the outbreak of war on 8th December 1941.
Its 1,082-seat auditorium was on the ground floor of the theatre building.
According to the English "The Hong Kong News", the theatre had re-opened as of 14th January, 1942. On 17th October, 1943, the theatre was still in business as reported by a Chinese
language newspaper. During the war years, only films censored by the Japanese Armies could be shown at the theatre.
After the end of WWII, the theatre re-opened in October 1945 and showed first run Chinese and selected English and Japanese films until its closure in November 1972.
A residential building was built on the site of the theatre.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater