Palace Theater

311 E. Douglas Avenue,
Wichita, KS 67202

Unfavorite 1 person favorited this theater

Showing 2 comments

Joe Vogel
Joe Vogel on July 5, 2014 at 5:25 pm

An ad for Carl Boller & Bro. Architects, in the January 16, 1916 issue of The Wichita Daily Eagle boasted that the firm designed not only the new Palace Theatre but the Crawford and Princess Theatres as well.

Keith Wondra
Keith Wondra on August 8, 2012 at 8:26 am

The Palace Theater opened January 17, 1916 with “The Coward,” a Civil War drama and “Fickle Fannie’s Fall,” a comedy. It was Lewis Miller’s second Wichita theater. The Princess Theater was his first and the Miller Theatre was his third. At the time of its opening the Palace was the biggest theater to open in Wichita. The Palace closed in 1961 and was razed 5 years later. It is now a parking lot.