55 Water Street,
6 people favorited this theater
Ioka Theater (Official)
Previously operated by: MGM Theatres
News About This Theater
- Apr 3, 2012 — Ioka exceeds 1,000 members
- Mar 4, 2012 — Ioka's supporters rally around theater
- May 20, 2009 — BFA Thesis Film hopes to preserve the historic Ioka Theater on Film
- Dec 1, 2008 — Historic Ioka Theater to close Christmas Eve
- Jan 19, 2006 — Ioka Theatre For Sale (Again)
- Jan 28, 2004 — Today's Newsreel
- Jan 16, 2004 — Today's Newsreel
- Oct 21, 2003 — Ioka Sale Falls Through, Future Uncertain
Built in 1915, the Ioka Theatre is one of the dwindling number of independent movie theaters in the country.
Featuring a main auditorium of almost 500 seats, it offers the largest screen in the area with an updated state-of-art sound system. Architecturally, it is a brick building that blends in with the much earlier structures that fill downtown Exeter.
Recently, a second screen was added in the restored basement that was once the Rockingham County YMCA. This theater converts into an Art Deco night club on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
The Ioka Theatre was closed in December 2008.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.