No one has favorited this theater yet
The Jewel Theatre opened as the Bijou Theatre in 1910. The operators were Robert G. Peltier and Walter Trombley. This was the second location of the Bijou Theatre, which had been opened as an 88-seat nickelodeon by Peltier in 1905.
The second Bijou began as a 410-seat theater, but was expanded to 800 seats in 1913. A major rebuilding taking several months in 1938 expanded the theater to 1,200 seats, and it was reopened in September that year as the Jewel Theatre. Peltier continued to operate the Jewel Theatre until 1942, when he leased the house to Community Theatres.
The Jewel Theatre was remodeled again in 1950 to plans by Detroit architect Ted Rogvoy. It continued to operate as one of Mount Clemens' two major theaters until the mid-1970s. After a brief period as an adult film house, the Jewel Theatre closed. It remained vacant for some time and was finally demolished.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater