Carrera 53, El Prado,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located on Street 53, beside the Majestic Hotel in the El Prado district of central Barranquilla, in the north of Colombia. The Cine Metro was opened on 8th December 1946 with Charles Boyer in “Gaslight”. It was built for and operated by Loew’s International Inc., and stood on the site of the Cine Apollo, which dated from June 1930 when it had opened with “Mark of Zorro” starring Douglas Fairbanks.
The white fronted cinema had a ‘Metro’ sky-sign on the roof. Seating in the auditorium was provided for 1,000 on a single floor.
It was last operated by the Royal Films chain. Sadly, the Cine Metro was closed on 10th July 2007, due to the opening of a modern 6-plex in the Centro Comercial El Portal de Prado, just two blocks away.
The Cine Metro was demolished in January 2008, and a 242 apartments block was built on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater