Park Drive-In

320 Hogan Boulevard,
Mill Hall,
Lock Haven, PA 17751

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 3 comments

capearsall
capearsall on February 7, 2012 at 5:57 pm

laf213pa is correct. The Park Drive-in was located in Mill Hall just outside of Lock Haven. It had one screen and rows of wired speakers on posts that allowed for a car on either side. There was a concession stand that made wonderful popcorn. Also, in front of the screen, there was a playground with swings, merry-go-round, slides, watches' hat, etc. Carol remembers seeing many family appropriate films there from 1956 or 1957 to the mid-1960s. The family would eat a picnic supper on a blanket next to the car and socialize with other families. Then the children went to the playground until the movie started. Eventually the drive-in closed and later was demolished. The lot was vacant for many years until a local church bought it and built their worship hall there. The only physical remnants of the Park Drive-in are some of the playground units that were placed in a nearby park. Fond memories: that starry sky, the peepers chirping and curling up in a blanket in the backseat, the magic of watching characters on a big screen.

laf213pa
laf213pa on April 25, 2011 at 9:42 am

The Main St address given is for the Garden Theater building mentioned above. The Park Drive-in was located on the present Lock Haven Assembly of God property, 320 Hogan Blvd. The drive-in was most likely, at the time, a Pennsylvania Ave, Mill Hall address.