De Luxe Cinema
52 Mill Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Built on the site of La Scala Cinema(1916-1938), the Gaumont was the last purpose built Gaumont Theatre to be built by the Gaumont British Theatres chain, and was the only one they built in Scotland. The Gaumont Alloa opened on 29th April 1939. The facade is clad with cream faiance tiles. Inside the auditorium, seating was in a stadium plan, with a raised stepped section at the rear, rather than an overhanging balcony.
It was re-named Odeon in October 1964, and in November 1967, it was one of a large group of cinemas which was sold by the Rank Organisation to the Classic Cinemas chain, and it was re-named Classic. Within a year, it had been taken over by an independent operator and re-named De Luxe Cinema. By July 1971, films had ceased and it was operating as a bingo club, but childrens matinee film performances continued on Saturday mornings. These ceased on 13th June 1977, and the game of bingo took over completely, first as the independent De Luxe Bingo Club and today a Premier Bingo Club.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater